Friday, May 3, 2013
Janis Ann Arthur, passed away peacefully on April 22, 2013, at the Regency Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Gresham, Ore.
Janis was born on April 19, 1947, in Portland, Ore., to Alvin and Wanda (Proctor) Eri and was 66 years of age at the time of her passing.
Graveside services will be held at Forest Lawn Cemetery (400 SW Walters Road, Gresham) at 1 p.m., Friday, May 10, 2013 with Pastor George Clarke of the Rowena Baptist Church officiating.
Memorials are encouraged to be made in Janis’s name to the American Diabetes Association since Janis had been diabetic since she was 19.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center 1401 Belmont Avenue, Hood River, OR 97031. Visit www.andersons
tributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence.
Donna Faye Sharkey, passed away Wednesday, April 24, 2013, in Portland, Ore.
Donna was born in Hood River Ore., June 29, 1947, and lived her whole 65 years, 10 months at the family home on Booth Hill Road.
Services to honor Donna are planned for 2 p.m., Saturday, May 4, at the Parkdale Nazarene Church (4th and Van Nuys Drive, Parkdale, OR 97041) with Pastor Carl Casey officiating.
Private interment at the Pine Grove Butte Cemetery will be at a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Avenue, Hood River, Oregon 97031, 541-386-1000. Visit www.AndersonsTributeCenter.com to leave a note of condolence.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge