Friday, May 3, 2013
Janis Ann Arthur, passed away peacefully on April 22, 2013, at the Regency Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Gresham, Ore.
Janis was born on April 19, 1947, in Portland, Ore., to Alvin and Wanda (Proctor) Eri and was 66 years of age at the time of her passing.
Graveside services will be held at Forest Lawn Cemetery (400 SW Walters Road, Gresham) at 1 p.m., Friday, May 10, 2013 with Pastor George Clarke of the Rowena Baptist Church officiating.
Memorials are encouraged to be made in Janis’s name to the American Diabetes Association since Janis had been diabetic since she was 19.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center 1401 Belmont Avenue, Hood River, OR 97031. Visit www.andersons
tributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence.
Donna Faye Sharkey, passed away Wednesday, April 24, 2013, in Portland, Ore.
Donna was born in Hood River Ore., June 29, 1947, and lived her whole 65 years, 10 months at the family home on Booth Hill Road.
Services to honor Donna are planned for 2 p.m., Saturday, May 4, at the Parkdale Nazarene Church (4th and Van Nuys Drive, Parkdale, OR 97041) with Pastor Carl Casey officiating.
Private interment at the Pine Grove Butte Cemetery will be at a later date. Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Avenue, Hood River, Oregon 97031, 541-386-1000. Visit www.AndersonsTributeCenter.com to leave a note of condolence.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge