Friday, May 3, 2013
Riders of all ages and abilities are invited to participate in the 2013 Gorge Short Track Mountain Biking Series in Cascade Locks. The series consists of five consecutive Thursday evening races starting May 16 and concluding June 13 on the Easy CLIMB trail system just outside downtown Cascade Locks.
The series — organized by Gorge-based Breakaway Promotions — promises fun trail racing for amateurs as well as top-notch professional competition for series riders in the hunt for bragging rights and prize money.
Races are held on the scenic and beginner-friendly Easy CLIMB trail located on port property just west of Government Cove and most competitors use front or dual suspension cross country bikes typical of what are used on recreational trails in the Gorge. Depending on category, riders will have between 30 and 45 minutes to complete as many laps as possible on the course of single and double track, banked turns and rollers.
Participants can register for all five races of the series or individually for May 16, 23, 30 and June 6, 13 races. Series placing will be based on riders’ top four races, with only the top 25 finishers in each event earning points toward the overall title.
Categories include junior male and female, CAT 3, 2 and 1 men and women, PRO and single speeders. Racing will start at 5:30 p.m. each evening with the PRO racers concluding the action with heats starting at 7:40 p.m.
For more details or to register for the event visit www.gorgeshorttrack.com.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge