Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Project partners working on the Mount Hood Multimodal Transportation Plan are seeking input from people who live, work and travel along the US 26/OR 35 (Mount Hood Highway) corridor.
The project is aimed at developing projects that increase travel options to and from Mount Hood and improve transportation safety along the corridor.
An on-line survey was launched recently to get feedback from the public about how they travel to and from Mount Hood and what types of improvements they would like to see. The short survey, accessible through May 31, can be found at:
“People travel along the Mount Hood highway corridor for many reasons – to ski, bike, or hike, or to go to their home or business, or even to travel to Central Oregon or points further. We want these people who use the highway to help shape the future of transportation on the mountain,” said Mike Mason, ODOT project manager.
The planning effort is a partnership among the Oregon Department of Transportation, the U.S. Forest Service, Hood River County and Clackamas County with technical assistance from Federal Highway Administration – Western Federal Lands Highway Division.
The Mount Hood Multimodal Transportation Plan will identify affordable and achievable solutions by focusing on: 1) improvements to highway safety for all users and; 2) expansion of travel options year-round to enhance mobility and access to recreation and rural communities. This fall, the partner agencies will narrow and prioritize a list of projects. Phase 2, a detailed analysis of those projects, will be completed by early 2014.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge