Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Every teen dreams of having their own wheels. Thanks to Project Graduation, two lucky seniors at HRV will have that wish fulfilled if they attend the senior graduation night party planned for June 7.
Project Graduation is an all-night event put on for HRVHS graduating seniors by parent volunteers, ensuring a safe and fun evening party open to all after the ceremony comes to an end.
To help fund this year’s event, which includes food, music, dancing, casino games, movies and other fun activities, the Project Graduation team has come up with a great fundraiser – a car and scooter give-away.
The soon-to-be-won 2010 SYM Fiddle II scooter and 2002 Honda Civic were donated to Project Graduation in hope of encouraging more teens to attend the drug/alcohol free event.
Five-dollar tickets are being sold each Wednesday during lunch at HRV in the commons and adults or non-seniors may buy tickets on behalf of any senior at HRV. Non-seniors are not eligible to win.
Dozens of local retail shop owners and private donors have already offered cash, prizes, supplies and specialty items to help support the Project Graduation event. Organizer Kathy McLean notes that additional contributions and donated items are still needed to help complete the hoped-for activity lists and prize packages. Each senior attending will take away at least one “care package”.
For more information, contact Kathy McLean at 541-387-3569 or visit the Project Graduation 2013 Facebook page for updates.
Donations may be made out to Project Graduation 2013, and mailed to 1767 12th St., Ste. 178, Hood River, OR 97031.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge