Tuesday, May 7, 2013
For many expectant mothers in our community, the excitement of having a baby is diminished by serious life stresses. Soroptimist International of Hood River invites the whole community to make a difference for these new families.
Donate new baby care items into specially marked “Community Baby Shower” barrels located throughout Hood River and The Dalles (locations listed below), anytime until Friday, May 17.
Event coordinators are also inviting the community to attend a happy hour gathering which will include a final roundup of gifts and cash donations on Friday, May 17, 5:30 p.m. at Adornments of Hood River, located upstairs at 202 Oak Street, Suite 100. Sponsors are Tammy’s Floral, Sweet Things by Julie, Phelps Creek Winery and Adornments of Hood River.
If unable to donate items or attend the happy hour, supporters may instead send checks to Soroptimist (SIHR), PO Box 51, Hood River, OR 97031.
Donated money and gifts will be given to New Parent Services in Hood River and Families First in The Dalles. For details contact stephanie@adornmentsof
hoodriver.com, or call 541-490-3363.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge