Tuesday, May 7, 2013
For many expectant mothers in our community, the excitement of having a baby is diminished by serious life stresses. Soroptimist International of Hood River invites the whole community to make a difference for these new families.
Donate new baby care items into specially marked “Community Baby Shower” barrels located throughout Hood River and The Dalles (locations listed below), anytime until Friday, May 17.
Event coordinators are also inviting the community to attend a happy hour gathering which will include a final roundup of gifts and cash donations on Friday, May 17, 5:30 p.m. at Adornments of Hood River, located upstairs at 202 Oak Street, Suite 100. Sponsors are Tammy’s Floral, Sweet Things by Julie, Phelps Creek Winery and Adornments of Hood River.
If unable to donate items or attend the happy hour, supporters may instead send checks to Soroptimist (SIHR), PO Box 51, Hood River, OR 97031.
Donated money and gifts will be given to New Parent Services in Hood River and Families First in The Dalles. For details contact stephanie@adornmentsof
hoodriver.com, or call 541-490-3363.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge