Tuesday, May 7, 2013
For many expectant mothers in our community, the excitement of having a baby is diminished by serious life stresses. Soroptimist International of Hood River invites the whole community to make a difference for these new families.
Donate new baby care items into specially marked “Community Baby Shower” barrels located throughout Hood River and The Dalles (locations listed below), anytime until Friday, May 17.
Event coordinators are also inviting the community to attend a happy hour gathering which will include a final roundup of gifts and cash donations on Friday, May 17, 5:30 p.m. at Adornments of Hood River, located upstairs at 202 Oak Street, Suite 100. Sponsors are Tammy’s Floral, Sweet Things by Julie, Phelps Creek Winery and Adornments of Hood River.
If unable to donate items or attend the happy hour, supporters may instead send checks to Soroptimist (SIHR), PO Box 51, Hood River, OR 97031.
Donated money and gifts will be given to New Parent Services in Hood River and Families First in The Dalles. For details contact stephanie@adornmentsof
hoodriver.com, or call 541-490-3363.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge