Tuesday, May 7, 2013
For many expectant mothers in our community, the excitement of having a baby is diminished by serious life stresses. Soroptimist International of Hood River invites the whole community to make a difference for these new families.
Donate new baby care items into specially marked “Community Baby Shower” barrels located throughout Hood River and The Dalles (locations listed below), anytime until Friday, May 17.
Event coordinators are also inviting the community to attend a happy hour gathering which will include a final roundup of gifts and cash donations on Friday, May 17, 5:30 p.m. at Adornments of Hood River, located upstairs at 202 Oak Street, Suite 100. Sponsors are Tammy’s Floral, Sweet Things by Julie, Phelps Creek Winery and Adornments of Hood River.
If unable to donate items or attend the happy hour, supporters may instead send checks to Soroptimist (SIHR), PO Box 51, Hood River, OR 97031.
Donated money and gifts will be given to New Parent Services in Hood River and Families First in The Dalles. For details contact stephanie@adornmentsof
hoodriver.com, or call 541-490-3363.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge