Friday, May 10, 2013
The result of Monday evening’s 6:30 p.m. home game against Wilson will determine whether the Hood River Valley High School varsity boys lacrosse team calls it quits for the season or moves on to the Oregon High School Lacrosse Association state championship. The boys, 7-8 on the season and 2-3 in league after a 13-10 win Tuesday against Grant and a 17-0 loss Thursday at Lincoln, will not only need a win next week to prolong their season, they’ll have to score at least eight goals and keep Wilson to two goals or less in order to earn enough league points to carry on.
The two teams met earlier this season in a non-league matchup in which the Eagles won a hard-fought 8-6 home game and both teams are essentially fighting for their lives in the final game of the season, so Monday’s game should be a battle.
Taylor Cramer, Tony Cohn and Brendan Kerr led the team Tuesday against Grant with two goals each, while Trenton Gallagher, Forrest Broddie, Jesse Lee, Torsenn Brown, Marcus Crouch, Austin Keillor and Kiel Sorenson all had one.
More like this story
- HRV boys lacrosse ends season one win shy of playoffs
- HRV lax girls qualify for state with OT win
- HRV lax wins with hard-hitting defense, improved offense
- A talented roster and a good start has HRV Head Coach Matt Luchsinger thinking a deep playoff run is in store for boys lax
- Eagle girls lacrosse moves on at state
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge