Friday, May 10, 2013
To celebrate American Craft Beer Week (May 13-19), Full Sail Brewing will release a new beer in its Brewer’s Share Experimental line up: “Bello-Torres y Amigos Lager” (ABV 5.0% IBU 21) crafted by maintenance supervisor Eduardo Bello and bottling technician Leo Torres.
This light bodied lager was brewed with two row pale malt and a touch of corn. NW Glacier and Sterling hops were used throughout to provide a subtle hop character.
Full Sail has scheduled a “Meet the Brewers and the Beer” event at theTasting Room and Pub in Hood River on May 16 from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Eduardo and Leo were inspired by the beers of their native country, Mexico.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge