Friday, May 10, 2013
To celebrate American Craft Beer Week (May 13-19), Full Sail Brewing will release a new beer in its Brewer’s Share Experimental line up: “Bello-Torres y Amigos Lager” (ABV 5.0% IBU 21) crafted by maintenance supervisor Eduardo Bello and bottling technician Leo Torres.
This light bodied lager was brewed with two row pale malt and a touch of corn. NW Glacier and Sterling hops were used throughout to provide a subtle hop character.
Full Sail has scheduled a “Meet the Brewers and the Beer” event at theTasting Room and Pub in Hood River on May 16 from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Eduardo and Leo were inspired by the beers of their native country, Mexico.
More like this story
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
- GOP governor candidates spar in Hood River
- Late rally falls short in HRV loss to Hermiston
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge