Friday, May 10, 2013
The Gulizia Brothers will play from May 18 at the Hood River Rotary’s third annual Columbia Gorge Wine and Pear Festival, May 18-19 at the Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum.
They will also play May 20 during Happy Hour at Cebu Lounge.
Joey Gulizia plays drums for Mannheim Steamroller, and Tony Gulizia plays the piano and sings. Tony is also a leading jazz musician from the Vail Valley in Colorado and hosts a jazz radio show.
Saturday, May 18
The Groove Project
11:30 to 2:30 p.m.
The Gulizia Brothers
2:45 to 5:45 p.m.
Sunday, May 19
Chuck Haynie and Jammer Friends
12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Willy and Nelson
2:45 to 4:45 p.m.
The brothers have played together since they were young children and have performed around the country and world, said local photographer — and Tony’s daughter-in-law — Jennifer Gulizia.
Most recently, the duo played in the Caribbean for Celebrity Cruise Lines.
Tickets are available from Hood River Rotarians or
online. Proceeds support the Rotary scholarship fund.
For tickets and full festival details go to:
Festival hours are: Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
On-site parking is free.
The two-day event will feature the many award-winning wineries and vineyards in the Columbia Gorge AVA, including two days of wine tasting, artists, fruit pairings, food from the best restaurants in the region and other area musicians.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge