Friday, May 10, 2013
The Gulizia Brothers will play from May 18 at the Hood River Rotary’s third annual Columbia Gorge Wine and Pear Festival, May 18-19 at the Western Antique Aeroplane & Automobile Museum.
They will also play May 20 during Happy Hour at Cebu Lounge.
Joey Gulizia plays drums for Mannheim Steamroller, and Tony Gulizia plays the piano and sings. Tony is also a leading jazz musician from the Vail Valley in Colorado and hosts a jazz radio show.
Saturday, May 18
The Groove Project
11:30 to 2:30 p.m.
The Gulizia Brothers
2:45 to 5:45 p.m.
Sunday, May 19
Chuck Haynie and Jammer Friends
12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
Willy and Nelson
2:45 to 4:45 p.m.
The brothers have played together since they were young children and have performed around the country and world, said local photographer — and Tony’s daughter-in-law — Jennifer Gulizia.
Most recently, the duo played in the Caribbean for Celebrity Cruise Lines.
Tickets are available from Hood River Rotarians or
online. Proceeds support the Rotary scholarship fund.
For tickets and full festival details go to:
Festival hours are: Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
On-site parking is free.
The two-day event will feature the many award-winning wineries and vineyards in the Columbia Gorge AVA, including two days of wine tasting, artists, fruit pairings, food from the best restaurants in the region and other area musicians.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge