Friday, May 10, 2013
Wednesday evening’s nail-biting end to one of the best games of the season for the Hood River Valley High School varsity girls lacrosse team was a fitting way to end the regular season. The 15-14 overtime win, at home over Lincoln, puts the Eagles in a tie for third place (with Lincoln) in Portland League standings and ensures the team a spot in the Oregon Girls Lacrosse Association state championships.
Gabby Dittenhoffer had her best game of the season with five goals to lead the team in the win; Hannah Hurley and Kristen Lago had three each, Andrea Iobst had two and Sophie Brentlinger and Kayla Van Hoose had one each.
The win comes after a tough road loss Tuesday against Grant. Lago led the team in the 16-11 loss with four goals, with Delia Dolan and Hurley scoring two each and Iobst, Erin Mayer and Lydia McElderry all scored one.
This week’s action wraps up an 8-6 regular season for the Eagles. The Portland League was dominated by Oregon Episcopal School with an undefeated 13-0 season and Wilson at 12-1.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge