Friday, May 10, 2013
Local author Scott Cook will present a slideshow, and video presentation “Historic Secrets of the Gorge”, on May 15 at 7:30 p.m. at Columbia Center for the Arts.
Cook’s presentation will feature stories and historic photos that you may never have seen, or even heard.
Scott, a Gorge history fanatic and author of “Curious Gorge,” will show the long lost “Lassie” episodes filmed on Mt. Hood in 1966 and talk about special historic places in the Gorge.
Cook will share his love of Lassie and give the audience a once in a life time opportunity to see these historic episodes.
The show starts at 7:30; tickets $5 at the door, Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Dec. 2
- Death notices for Dec. 2
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge