Friday, May 10, 2013
Local author Scott Cook will present a slideshow, and video presentation “Historic Secrets of the Gorge”, on May 15 at 7:30 p.m. at Columbia Center for the Arts.
Cook’s presentation will feature stories and historic photos that you may never have seen, or even heard.
Scott, a Gorge history fanatic and author of “Curious Gorge,” will show the long lost “Lassie” episodes filmed on Mt. Hood in 1966 and talk about special historic places in the Gorge.
Cook will share his love of Lassie and give the audience a once in a life time opportunity to see these historic episodes.
The show starts at 7:30; tickets $5 at the door, Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge