Friday, May 10, 2013
Local author Scott Cook will present a slideshow, and video presentation “Historic Secrets of the Gorge”, on May 15 at 7:30 p.m. at Columbia Center for the Arts.
Cook’s presentation will feature stories and historic photos that you may never have seen, or even heard.
Scott, a Gorge history fanatic and author of “Curious Gorge,” will show the long lost “Lassie” episodes filmed on Mt. Hood in 1966 and talk about special historic places in the Gorge.
Cook will share his love of Lassie and give the audience a once in a life time opportunity to see these historic episodes.
The show starts at 7:30; tickets $5 at the door, Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River.
More like this story
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
- Cougar Creek fire creeps north
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge