Friday, May 10, 2013
Local author Scott Cook will present a slideshow, and video presentation “Historic Secrets of the Gorge”, on May 15 at 7:30 p.m. at Columbia Center for the Arts.
Cook’s presentation will feature stories and historic photos that you may never have seen, or even heard.
Scott, a Gorge history fanatic and author of “Curious Gorge,” will show the long lost “Lassie” episodes filmed on Mt. Hood in 1966 and talk about special historic places in the Gorge.
Cook will share his love of Lassie and give the audience a once in a life time opportunity to see these historic episodes.
The show starts at 7:30; tickets $5 at the door, Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge