Friday, May 10, 2013
Local author Scott Cook will present a slideshow, and video presentation “Historic Secrets of the Gorge”, on May 15 at 7:30 p.m. at Columbia Center for the Arts.
Cook’s presentation will feature stories and historic photos that you may never have seen, or even heard.
Scott, a Gorge history fanatic and author of “Curious Gorge,” will show the long lost “Lassie” episodes filmed on Mt. Hood in 1966 and talk about special historic places in the Gorge.
Cook will share his love of Lassie and give the audience a once in a life time opportunity to see these historic episodes.
The show starts at 7:30; tickets $5 at the door, Columbia Center for the Arts is located at 215 Cascade Ave. in downtown Hood River.
More like this story
- Three people, and a dog, survive capsizing in Columbia near Wyeth
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge