Friday, May 10, 2013
For many expectant mothers in our community, the excitement of having a baby is diminished by serious life stresses. In some cases, a woman has fled domestic violence, which can accelerate during pregnancy or after the birth of a baby. Other times, poverty has made it impossible to prepare for the baby’s arrival.
Soroptimist International of Hood River invites the whole community to make a difference for these new families by donating new baby care items into specially marked “Community Baby Shower” barrels anytime until Friday, May 17 at these locations: The Next Door Inc., 965 Tucker Rd.; Riverside Church, 3rd and State Streets.
The following new, unwrapped, gender-neutral shower gifts are needed:
- Bath, diaper, and feeding supplies
- Board books and educational toys
- Quilts and receiving blankets.
“These babies deserve to have their basic needs met,” said Stephanie Hartman, Soroptimist Community Baby Shower committee chair.
For details on the Community Baby Shower, call 541-490-3363 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Event coordinators are also inviting the community to attend a happy hour gathering which will include a final roundup of gifts and cash donations on May 17, 5:30 p.m. at Adornments of Hood River, located upstairs at 202 Oak Street, Suite 100.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge