Friday, May 10, 2013
For many expectant mothers in our community, the excitement of having a baby is diminished by serious life stresses. In some cases, a woman has fled domestic violence, which can accelerate during pregnancy or after the birth of a baby. Other times, poverty has made it impossible to prepare for the baby’s arrival.
Soroptimist International of Hood River invites the whole community to make a difference for these new families by donating new baby care items into specially marked “Community Baby Shower” barrels anytime until Friday, May 17 at these locations: The Next Door Inc., 965 Tucker Rd.; Riverside Church, 3rd and State Streets.
The following new, unwrapped, gender-neutral shower gifts are needed:
- Bath, diaper, and feeding supplies
- Board books and educational toys
- Quilts and receiving blankets.
“These babies deserve to have their basic needs met,” said Stephanie Hartman, Soroptimist Community Baby Shower committee chair.
For details on the Community Baby Shower, call 541-490-3363 or e-mail email@example.com, or
Event coordinators are also inviting the community to attend a happy hour gathering which will include a final roundup of gifts and cash donations on May 17, 5:30 p.m. at Adornments of Hood River, located upstairs at 202 Oak Street, Suite 100.
More like this story
- Service Annoucement for July 30: Del Gierke
- Death Notice for July 30: James Perry
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge