Friday, May 10, 2013
For many expectant mothers in our community, the excitement of having a baby is diminished by serious life stresses. In some cases, a woman has fled domestic violence, which can accelerate during pregnancy or after the birth of a baby. Other times, poverty has made it impossible to prepare for the baby’s arrival.
Soroptimist International of Hood River invites the whole community to make a difference for these new families by donating new baby care items into specially marked “Community Baby Shower” barrels anytime until Friday, May 17 at these locations: The Next Door Inc., 965 Tucker Rd.; Riverside Church, 3rd and State Streets.
The following new, unwrapped, gender-neutral shower gifts are needed:
- Bath, diaper, and feeding supplies
- Board books and educational toys
- Quilts and receiving blankets.
“These babies deserve to have their basic needs met,” said Stephanie Hartman, Soroptimist Community Baby Shower committee chair.
For details on the Community Baby Shower, call 541-490-3363 or e-mail email@example.com, or
Event coordinators are also inviting the community to attend a happy hour gathering which will include a final roundup of gifts and cash donations on May 17, 5:30 p.m. at Adornments of Hood River, located upstairs at 202 Oak Street, Suite 100.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge