Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Bob Stone Freeway Autocenter will be relocating its staff and inventory from its Hood River location on West Cascade Street to its central location in The Dalles effective May 15.
“In an effort to continue to provide a high quality of sales and service to our many loyal customers, we will be consolidating our services to our newly remodeled dealership in The Dalles” stated Bob Stone, owner. “We remain committed to operating a successful and growing business that serves the entire Gorge.”
Bob Stone intends to continue presence in the Hood River and surrounding communities through continued support of a number of organizations and events including the Mount Hood Cycling Classic, Columbia Gorge Marathon, Harvest Fest, Hops Fest, Columbia Gorge Fruit Growers Golf Tournament, The Gorge Heroes Club and Kiteboarding 4 Cancer.
“The consolidation of staff and additional vehicles at The Dalles Dealership will offer a larger inventory of new Subaru, Chevrolet, Buick and GMC vehicles and pre-owned vehicles as well as a complete service and parts department for our loyal customers. Our sales and service departments recently received Subaru of America’s top award in the region for customer satisfaction and overall business operations,” said Stone.
“I have been in the automotive business since 1955 and have seen immense changes in the business, but the need for good customer service will continue to be the key to success. It’s all about taking care of the customer. That has remained the same,” Stone said.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge