Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Hood River Valley High School varsity girls lacrosse hosted Sheldon Monday night in the first round of the Oregon Girls Lacrosse Association state playoffs.
The 20-10 win advances the girls to a road game May 22 at West Linn (Three Rivers League champs, 9-1-0). Andrea Iobst and Kirstin Lago led Monday’s scoring with five goals each; Hannah Hurley had three, Delia Dolan and Kayla Van Hoose had two and Gabby Dittenhofer, Erin Mayer and Lydia McElderry had one each.
More like this story
- Death notices for May 4: Jerry Osbourn, Edward Adams, and John Phillips
- Service announcement for May 4: Audrey Thornton
- Boys lax suffers significant setback in league opener
- Letters to the Editor for April 30
- No on 14-55: But not a ‘yes’ to Nestlé
- ‘Putting your house in order’ returns May 11
- Police Log, April 12 to 24, part 2 of 2
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- ‘Music at the Dawn’ brings early 1900s to life
- Entertainment Update for April 30
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge