Tuesday, May 14, 2013
The History Museum of Hood River County offers walking tours of downtown Hood River on Saturdays at 10 a.m. between May 18 and June 29.
Museum staff will help participants explore the architecture, history and cultural importance of many of the city’s well-preserved buildings. Tours will continue the popular program started last summer, and have been updated with new landmarks.
Tours will begin and end at Overlook Park on State Street (the salmon fountain). Tours last about an hour and there is a $5 suggested donation.
For more information please contact The History Museum’s Education and Volunteer Coordinator, Carly Squyres, at 541-386-6772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge