Tuesday, May 14, 2013
The History Museum of Hood River County offers walking tours of downtown Hood River on Saturdays at 10 a.m. between May 18 and June 29.
Museum staff will help participants explore the architecture, history and cultural importance of many of the city’s well-preserved buildings. Tours will continue the popular program started last summer, and have been updated with new landmarks.
Tours will begin and end at Overlook Park on State Street (the salmon fountain). Tours last about an hour and there is a $5 suggested donation.
For more information please contact The History Museum’s Education and Volunteer Coordinator, Carly Squyres, at 541-386-6772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge