Tuesday, May 14, 2013
The History Museum of Hood River County offers walking tours of downtown Hood River on Saturdays at 10 a.m. between May 18 and June 29.
Museum staff will help participants explore the architecture, history and cultural importance of many of the city’s well-preserved buildings. Tours will continue the popular program started last summer, and have been updated with new landmarks.
Tours will begin and end at Overlook Park on State Street (the salmon fountain). Tours last about an hour and there is a $5 suggested donation.
For more information please contact The History Museum’s Education and Volunteer Coordinator, Carly Squyres, at 541-386-6772 or email email@example.com.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge