Tuesday, May 14, 2013
The History Museum of Hood River County offers walking tours of downtown Hood River on Saturdays at 10 a.m. between May 18 and June 29.
Museum staff will help participants explore the architecture, history and cultural importance of many of the city’s well-preserved buildings. Tours will continue the popular program started last summer, and have been updated with new landmarks.
Tours will begin and end at Overlook Park on State Street (the salmon fountain). Tours last about an hour and there is a $5 suggested donation.
For more information please contact The History Museum’s Education and Volunteer Coordinator, Carly Squyres, at 541-386-6772 or email email@example.com.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge