Tuesday, May 14, 2013
State Senator Chuck Thomsen (R-Hood River) will hold a town hall, hosted by Turtle Island Foods on Friday, May 17 to discuss his outlook on Salem progress and take questions and feedback from anyone in attendance.
The town hall is open to the public, and will happen at 5:30 p.m.
The event will the first public event at the Turtle Island building, 602 Anchor Way, built this winter and spring on Port of Hood River property adjacent to Ryan’s Juice Company in the newly developed waterfront business park.
Thomsen said: “This legislative session has had its ups and downs, and I want to discuss them as in-depth as folks want at this town hall.
I’m really looking forward to this because I like Hood River a whole lot more than I like Salem!”
The town hall will last an hour. For those who cannot attend, Thomsen invites questions and comment by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomsen, a former member of Hood River County Board of Commissioners, is in his second term in the State Senate. He is a long-time Pine Grove orchardist.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge