Tuesday, May 14, 2013
State Senator Chuck Thomsen (R-Hood River) will hold a town hall, hosted by Turtle Island Foods on Friday, May 17 to discuss his outlook on Salem progress and take questions and feedback from anyone in attendance.
The town hall is open to the public, and will happen at 5:30 p.m.
The event will the first public event at the Turtle Island building, 602 Anchor Way, built this winter and spring on Port of Hood River property adjacent to Ryan’s Juice Company in the newly developed waterfront business park.
Thomsen said: “This legislative session has had its ups and downs, and I want to discuss them as in-depth as folks want at this town hall.
I’m really looking forward to this because I like Hood River a whole lot more than I like Salem!”
The town hall will last an hour. For those who cannot attend, Thomsen invites questions and comment by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thomsen, a former member of Hood River County Board of Commissioners, is in his second term in the State Senate. He is a long-time Pine Grove orchardist.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge