Friday, May 17, 2013
Hood River Dynamos U-10 boys team recently completed FC Portland’s Spring Development League undefeated, with a record of 6-0-1. For most of the players, the season was their first experience playing competitive club soccer against larger club organizations, such as Westside Timbers, Lake Oswego Soccer Club, Willamette United and FC Portland.
“They improved individual skills and team play and a developed a bond that couldn’t be beat,” coach Danny Nelson commented. “One of the most impressive attributes of this young team was their ability to come from behind and not be rattled by the score.”
The team fell behind by a goal or more in three of the seven games but was able to make comebacks and pull off an undefeated season.
“I have never coached a team of players this young that play this cool under pressure,” Nelson said.
The group plans on staying together to play in the competitive OPL league this fall as a U-11, with games played in Hood River and Portland.
The team is sponsored by local author and business owner, Joe O’Neill of Red Hand Adventures and Waquis Global.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill