Friday, May 17, 2013
Hood River Dynamos U-10 boys team recently completed FC Portland’s Spring Development League undefeated, with a record of 6-0-1. For most of the players, the season was their first experience playing competitive club soccer against larger club organizations, such as Westside Timbers, Lake Oswego Soccer Club, Willamette United and FC Portland.
“They improved individual skills and team play and a developed a bond that couldn’t be beat,” coach Danny Nelson commented. “One of the most impressive attributes of this young team was their ability to come from behind and not be rattled by the score.”
The team fell behind by a goal or more in three of the seven games but was able to make comebacks and pull off an undefeated season.
“I have never coached a team of players this young that play this cool under pressure,” Nelson said.
The group plans on staying together to play in the competitive OPL league this fall as a U-11, with games played in Hood River and Portland.
The team is sponsored by local author and business owner, Joe O’Neill of Red Hand Adventures and Waquis Global.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge