Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Randy Christopher Polzel, of Hood River, passed away Monday, May 13, 2013, at Providence Medical Center of Portland after a courageous fight with pancreatitis. Randy was born in Hood River, Ore., Nov. 11, 1971.
He is survived by his mother, Kathryn; sons Austyn and Brycen; a host of other family and many, many friends that he has collected over his lifetime in Hood River.
Services are planned for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 4, at Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Family friend Bob Huskey will lead Randy’s service.
Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Library Foundation issues a fundraising challenge now through June 30
- Public records, marriage permits, May 2016
- Look for a full First Friday on June 3
- Entertainment Update for June 1
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge