Friday, May 24, 2013
Local audiences will have one more chance to savor the sweet singing of Hood River Valley High School’s Aurora ensemble, as the girls present their spring concerts Sunday, May 26, and Monday, May 27. Also on the bill will be Borealis, the men’s counterpart.
Aurora has gathered a strong local following and even performed internationally, singing and dancing to a mixture of pop, soul, rock and folk music. Many of its founding members will be graduating, and while a strong new group of singers is primed and ready to step in, the departing seniors have been an important element in the group's early success.
Borealis was formed in early February, and like Aurora, sings a mixture of chart-topping pop, quirky rock, and even some oldies. The 7 p.m. shows are free but donations are welcome.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge