Friday, May 24, 2013
The Oregon Enduro series returns to Hood River this weekend and will include mountain bike races May 25-26 in the Northwest Trails Area (Kingsley to the bottom of Post Canyon). The event kicks off the 2013 Oregon Enduro Series, which features races in Hood River, Bend, Ashland, Camas and Mt. Hood SkiBowl.
The Hood River race features several stages over two days, with riders being timed on certain downhill stretches and not timed during uphill tranisition stages. Fastest combined times will win each category. See www.oregonenduro.com for more details.
More like this story
- Plant sales this weekend benefit educational programs
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge