Friday, May 24, 2013
The Oregon Enduro series returns to Hood River this weekend and will include mountain bike races May 25-26 in the Northwest Trails Area (Kingsley to the bottom of Post Canyon). The event kicks off the 2013 Oregon Enduro Series, which features races in Hood River, Bend, Ashland, Camas and Mt. Hood SkiBowl.
The Hood River race features several stages over two days, with riders being timed on certain downhill stretches and not timed during uphill tranisition stages. Fastest combined times will win each category. See www.oregonenduro.com for more details.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 23 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Helping kids be better readers is a SMART move
- Monday in CL: Fire recovery information presented at Port Pavilion
- Thank you, firefighters
- Summer of Smoke
- Foundation gives $50,000 to library for collections, projects
- Another Voice: Finding ‘Best of All Worlds’ in the area of cell tower permit requests
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- ‘Rosencrantz and Guildenstern’ Sunday
- Fun, or learning, or both: A week full of local events and activities
"The tangled skirt" opens run at unique venue
Director Judie Hanel presents the Steve Braunstein play “The Tangled Skirt” in an unusual theatrical setting, River Daze Café. Here, Bailey Brice (Bruce Howard) arrives at a small town bus station and has a fateful encounter with Rhonda Claire (Desiree Amyx Mackintosh). Small talk turns into a deadly game of cat and mouse and both seek advantage. The actors present the story as a staged reading in the café, where large windows and street lights lend themselves to the bus station setting, according to Hanel. Performances are 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28, Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1. (There is no Friday performance.) Tickets available at the door or Waucoma Bookstore: $15 adults, $12 seniors and children under 15. No children under 9. Enlarge