Friday, May 24, 2013
The 37th annual Spring Festival in White Salmon, Wash., happens May 31-June 1 with something for everyone: family fun, music and more.
Rheingarten Park (N. Main/N.E. Lincoln Street) is the place to be (Fri. 2 p.m.-midnight; Sat. 11 a.m.-midnight; Sun. 11 a.m.-4 p.m.) with concessions, a beer garden and live music on two stages.
Entertainment features the Scarlett Thistle Belly Dancers, the Straight Up band (Friday 8 p.m.) and Billy D & The Hoodoos (Sat., 8 p.m.) as headlining acts.
The downtown parade starts at 11 a.m. and fun activities include basketball and tennis tournaments as well as the return of interesting animals from Ritchie the Reptile Man.
Don’t miss the Gorge Gear Swap at Whitson Elementary. Bring your gear on Friday, May 31, between 4-6:30 p.m. Shop for great deals on Saturday, June 1, from noon to 3 p.m. Expect to see sports equipment of all kinds: bats, balls, bikes, shoes, helmets, hail boards, snow boards, skis and kayaks. Gear can be consigned or donated.
Spring Festival has been a premier community event in the beautiful Columbia Gorge since 1976, with more than 3,000 in attendance. For a full schedule visit white salmonspringfestival.com.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge