Friday, May 24, 2013
The 37th annual Spring Festival in White Salmon, Wash., happens May 31-June 1 with something for everyone: family fun, music and more.
Rheingarten Park (N. Main/N.E. Lincoln Street) is the place to be (Fri. 2 p.m.-midnight; Sat. 11 a.m.-midnight; Sun. 11 a.m.-4 p.m.) with concessions, a beer garden and live music on two stages.
Entertainment features the Scarlett Thistle Belly Dancers, the Straight Up band (Friday 8 p.m.) and Billy D & The Hoodoos (Sat., 8 p.m.) as headlining acts.
The downtown parade starts at 11 a.m. and fun activities include basketball and tennis tournaments as well as the return of interesting animals from Ritchie the Reptile Man.
Don’t miss the Gorge Gear Swap at Whitson Elementary. Bring your gear on Friday, May 31, between 4-6:30 p.m. Shop for great deals on Saturday, June 1, from noon to 3 p.m. Expect to see sports equipment of all kinds: bats, balls, bikes, shoes, helmets, hail boards, snow boards, skis and kayaks. Gear can be consigned or donated.
Spring Festival has been a premier community event in the beautiful Columbia Gorge since 1976, with more than 3,000 in attendance. For a full schedule visit white salmonspringfestival.com.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge