Friday, May 24, 2013
The 37th annual Spring Festival in White Salmon, Wash., happens May 31-June 1 with something for everyone: family fun, music and more.
Rheingarten Park (N. Main/N.E. Lincoln Street) is the place to be (Fri. 2 p.m.-midnight; Sat. 11 a.m.-midnight; Sun. 11 a.m.-4 p.m.) with concessions, a beer garden and live music on two stages.
Entertainment features the Scarlett Thistle Belly Dancers, the Straight Up band (Friday 8 p.m.) and Billy D & The Hoodoos (Sat., 8 p.m.) as headlining acts.
The downtown parade starts at 11 a.m. and fun activities include basketball and tennis tournaments as well as the return of interesting animals from Ritchie the Reptile Man.
Don’t miss the Gorge Gear Swap at Whitson Elementary. Bring your gear on Friday, May 31, between 4-6:30 p.m. Shop for great deals on Saturday, June 1, from noon to 3 p.m. Expect to see sports equipment of all kinds: bats, balls, bikes, shoes, helmets, hail boards, snow boards, skis and kayaks. Gear can be consigned or donated.
Spring Festival has been a premier community event in the beautiful Columbia Gorge since 1976, with more than 3,000 in attendance. For a full schedule visit white salmonspringfestival.com.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge