Saturday, November 2, 2013
CSRT introduces youth FreeRide program
Cooper Spur Ski Team is holding sign-ups for its new FreeRide program for skiers ages 9-14. The program is designed for young freestyle skiers who want to learn basic skills, tricks and techniques for park and pipe skiing. Program options are based on age, ability and time commitment. See www.cooperspurraceteam.org or email email@example.com for more information.
Local Special Olympics fundraiser coming soon
Hood River/The Gorge Special Olympics team is holding its annual bowling fundraiser Nov. 11 at Orchard Lanes. The event helps support the team’s 42 athletes who participate in a variety of sports throughout the year. The community can contribute by sponsoring an athlete. Contact Anna Schwebke at 541-806-0719 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up now for youth basketball programs
Sign-ups are open for a variety of youth basketball programs offered through Hood River County Community Education, including the winter baskeball league, holiday skills camps, traveling teams and the Little Ballers program. For details or to register visit www.hrcommunityed.org or call 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- BOTG local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge