Saturday, November 2, 2013
CSRT introduces youth FreeRide program
Cooper Spur Ski Team is holding sign-ups for its new FreeRide program for skiers ages 9-14. The program is designed for young freestyle skiers who want to learn basic skills, tricks and techniques for park and pipe skiing. Program options are based on age, ability and time commitment. See www.cooperspurraceteam.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Local Special Olympics fundraiser coming soon
Hood River/The Gorge Special Olympics team is holding its annual bowling fundraiser Nov. 11 at Orchard Lanes. The event helps support the team’s 42 athletes who participate in a variety of sports throughout the year. The community can contribute by sponsoring an athlete. Contact Anna Schwebke at 541-806-0719 or email@example.com.
Sign up now for youth basketball programs
Sign-ups are open for a variety of youth basketball programs offered through Hood River County Community Education, including the winter baskeball league, holiday skills camps, traveling teams and the Little Ballers program. For details or to register visit www.hrcommunityed.org or call 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Three people, and a dog, survive capsizing in Columbia near Wyeth
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge