Saturday, November 2, 2013
CSRT introduces youth FreeRide program
Cooper Spur Ski Team is holding sign-ups for its new FreeRide program for skiers ages 9-14. The program is designed for young freestyle skiers who want to learn basic skills, tricks and techniques for park and pipe skiing. Program options are based on age, ability and time commitment. See www.cooperspurraceteam.org or email email@example.com for more information.
Local Special Olympics fundraiser coming soon
Hood River/The Gorge Special Olympics team is holding its annual bowling fundraiser Nov. 11 at Orchard Lanes. The event helps support the team’s 42 athletes who participate in a variety of sports throughout the year. The community can contribute by sponsoring an athlete. Contact Anna Schwebke at 541-806-0719 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up now for youth basketball programs
Sign-ups are open for a variety of youth basketball programs offered through Hood River County Community Education, including the winter baskeball league, holiday skills camps, traveling teams and the Little Ballers program. For details or to register visit www.hrcommunityed.org or call 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge