Saturday, November 2, 2013
CSRT introduces youth FreeRide program
Cooper Spur Ski Team is holding sign-ups for its new FreeRide program for skiers ages 9-14. The program is designed for young freestyle skiers who want to learn basic skills, tricks and techniques for park and pipe skiing. Program options are based on age, ability and time commitment. See www.cooperspurraceteam.org or email email@example.com for more information.
Local Special Olympics fundraiser coming soon
Hood River/The Gorge Special Olympics team is holding its annual bowling fundraiser Nov. 11 at Orchard Lanes. The event helps support the team’s 42 athletes who participate in a variety of sports throughout the year. The community can contribute by sponsoring an athlete. Contact Anna Schwebke at 541-806-0719 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up now for youth basketball programs
Sign-ups are open for a variety of youth basketball programs offered through Hood River County Community Education, including the winter baskeball league, holiday skills camps, traveling teams and the Little Ballers program. For details or to register visit www.hrcommunityed.org or call 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge