Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Heading to Portland?
CAT bus service might be your driver.
A bus leaves The Dalles at 7:30 a.m. and arrives in Hood River to allow passengers from The Dalles to transfer to the CAT bus that will take them and passengers from Hood River to destinations in Portland.
Fare is $8 each way.
The bus leaves Hood River at 8 a.m. Arrival times in Portland range from 9:15 to 10:30 a.m. depending on the stops, which are: Gateway Max station, Portland art museum, OHSU, and Clackamas Town Center.
(See schedule below.)
On the return trip, the bus will pick up passengers in Portland between 2 and 3:30 p.m., depending on the stop, and will arrive in Hood River by 4:35 p.m. and The Dalles by 5:10 p.m.
8 a.m. — depart Hood River, Wasco Loop
9:15 a.m. — depart Gateway MAX
9:35 — depart Portland Art Museum (10th and Jefferson)
9:50 a.m. — depart OHSU (between Physician Pavilion and Jackson Hall Building)
10:30 a.m. — depart Clackamas Town Center (near Barnes and Noble main entrance).
2 p.m. — depart Clackamas Town Center
2:30 p.m. — depart Portland Art Museum
2:50 p.m. — depart OHSU
3:30 p.m. — depart Gateway MAX
4:35 — arrive Hood River, Wasco Loop
5:10 p.m. — arrive The Dalles transportation center
More like this story
- Late night total bridge closure Tuesday, Oct. 24
- Photos from the Oct. 18 Underwood Fruit fire
- Death notice for Oct. 21 edition: Marc Wixman
- Service announcements for Oct. 21 edition: George Watanabe, Heidi Hansberger and Harrison Peters
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge