Wednesday, November 6, 2013
On Sunday, Nov. 3, Indian Creek Stewards and community volunteers picked up about 10 cubic yards of garbage, including an armchair, propane tanks, and a lot of plastic along Indian Creek in the area from 12th Street to the Union Street substation.
Support for this project was provided by SOLVE, Hood River Transfer Station, Dog River Coffee, Pine Street Bakery, and Rosauers.
Indian Creek Stewards is a volunteer group working to protect and enhance Indian Creek. Members include the Hood River Watershed Group, Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River Valley High School, Horizon Christian School, Envirogorge.com, and community residents.
More like this story
- Fire near Eagle Creek flares back up
- Service announcements for July 22:
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge