Wednesday, November 6, 2013
On Sunday, Nov. 3, Indian Creek Stewards and community volunteers picked up about 10 cubic yards of garbage, including an armchair, propane tanks, and a lot of plastic along Indian Creek in the area from 12th Street to the Union Street substation.
Support for this project was provided by SOLVE, Hood River Transfer Station, Dog River Coffee, Pine Street Bakery, and Rosauers.
Indian Creek Stewards is a volunteer group working to protect and enhance Indian Creek. Members include the Hood River Watershed Group, Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River Valley High School, Horizon Christian School, Envirogorge.com, and community residents.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge