Wednesday, November 6, 2013
On Sunday, Nov. 3, Indian Creek Stewards and community volunteers picked up about 10 cubic yards of garbage, including an armchair, propane tanks, and a lot of plastic along Indian Creek in the area from 12th Street to the Union Street substation.
Support for this project was provided by SOLVE, Hood River Transfer Station, Dog River Coffee, Pine Street Bakery, and Rosauers.
Indian Creek Stewards is a volunteer group working to protect and enhance Indian Creek. Members include the Hood River Watershed Group, Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River Valley High School, Horizon Christian School, Envirogorge.com, and community residents.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events