Wednesday, November 6, 2013
On Sunday, Nov. 3, Indian Creek Stewards and community volunteers picked up about 10 cubic yards of garbage, including an armchair, propane tanks, and a lot of plastic along Indian Creek in the area from 12th Street to the Union Street substation.
Support for this project was provided by SOLVE, Hood River Transfer Station, Dog River Coffee, Pine Street Bakery, and Rosauers.
Indian Creek Stewards is a volunteer group working to protect and enhance Indian Creek. Members include the Hood River Watershed Group, Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River Valley High School, Horizon Christian School, Envirogorge.com, and community residents.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge