Wednesday, November 6, 2013
On Sunday, Nov. 3, Indian Creek Stewards and community volunteers picked up about 10 cubic yards of garbage, including an armchair, propane tanks, and a lot of plastic along Indian Creek in the area from 12th Street to the Union Street substation.
Support for this project was provided by SOLVE, Hood River Transfer Station, Dog River Coffee, Pine Street Bakery, and Rosauers.
Indian Creek Stewards is a volunteer group working to protect and enhance Indian Creek. Members include the Hood River Watershed Group, Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River Valley High School, Horizon Christian School, Envirogorge.com, and community residents.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge