Wednesday, November 6, 2013
The Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society invites the community to a presentation, “Metes and Bounds Survey,” given by Jim Bull and Fred Henchell Nov. 9 in the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center’s lower meeting room, beginning at 1 p.m.
The program will cover history, equipment and methods and how to plot and compare to current survey maps.
The group meets the second Saturday of each month at the Discovery Center. Membership forms may be downloaded at http://cggsblog.blogspot.com or http://bit.ly/18SXtsg.
For more information on the CGGS visit its Facebook page at http://on.fb.me/1cHrC1Q.
The public is also welcome to join the group for a no-host lunch at noon in the Basalt Cafe. For more information contact Sandy Bisset at 541-298-1240 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge