Wednesday, November 6, 2013
The Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society invites the community to a presentation, “Metes and Bounds Survey,” given by Jim Bull and Fred Henchell Nov. 9 in the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center’s lower meeting room, beginning at 1 p.m.
The program will cover history, equipment and methods and how to plot and compare to current survey maps.
The group meets the second Saturday of each month at the Discovery Center. Membership forms may be downloaded at http://cggsblog.blogspot.com or http://bit.ly/18SXtsg.
For more information on the CGGS visit its Facebook page at http://on.fb.me/1cHrC1Q.
The public is also welcome to join the group for a no-host lunch at noon in the Basalt Cafe. For more information contact Sandy Bisset at 541-298-1240 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge