Wednesday, November 6, 2013
The Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society invites the community to a presentation, “Metes and Bounds Survey,” given by Jim Bull and Fred Henchell Nov. 9 in the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center’s lower meeting room, beginning at 1 p.m.
The program will cover history, equipment and methods and how to plot and compare to current survey maps.
The group meets the second Saturday of each month at the Discovery Center. Membership forms may be downloaded at http://cggsblog.blogspot.com or http://bit.ly/18SXtsg.
For more information on the CGGS visit its Facebook page at http://on.fb.me/1cHrC1Q.
The public is also welcome to join the group for a no-host lunch at noon in the Basalt Cafe. For more information contact Sandy Bisset at 541-298-1240 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge