Wednesday, November 6, 2013
The Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society invites the community to a presentation, “Metes and Bounds Survey,” given by Jim Bull and Fred Henchell Nov. 9 in the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center’s lower meeting room, beginning at 1 p.m.
The program will cover history, equipment and methods and how to plot and compare to current survey maps.
The group meets the second Saturday of each month at the Discovery Center. Membership forms may be downloaded at http://cggsblog.blogspot.com or http://bit.ly/18SXtsg.
For more information on the CGGS visit its Facebook page at http://on.fb.me/1cHrC1Q.
The public is also welcome to join the group for a no-host lunch at noon in the Basalt Cafe. For more information contact Sandy Bisset at 541-298-1240 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge