Wednesday, November 6, 2013
The Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society invites the community to a presentation, “Metes and Bounds Survey,” given by Jim Bull and Fred Henchell Nov. 9 in the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center’s lower meeting room, beginning at 1 p.m.
The program will cover history, equipment and methods and how to plot and compare to current survey maps.
The group meets the second Saturday of each month at the Discovery Center. Membership forms may be downloaded at http://cggsblog.blogspot.com or http://bit.ly/18SXtsg.
For more information on the CGGS visit its Facebook page at http://on.fb.me/1cHrC1Q.
The public is also welcome to join the group for a no-host lunch at noon in the Basalt Cafe. For more information contact Sandy Bisset at 541-298-1240 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge