Wednesday, November 6, 2013
The Nov. 11 Veterans Day service at Anderson’s Tribute Center is just one part of the day’s observation in honor of those who have served the United States in the military.
Events begin with a 10 a.m. veterans breakfast at the Elks Lodge, co-hosted by American Legion and Gorge Heroes Club.
The service at Anderson’s will start at 11 a.m. The Tribute Center is located on Belmont Avenue near 12th.
Speakers will include Tom Mann, veteran administrator, Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs; Les Logsdon, county veteran service officer; and Gary Steele, commander of the American Legion, Post 22.
National Guard, Boy Scout Troop and Cub Scout Troop will present the colors, and Pastor Carl Casey of Parkdale Nazarene Church will give the prayers.
A reception will follow the service, hosted by Daughters of the American Revolution (Celilo Chapter).
At 2 p.m. at Best Western Hood River Inn, Jeff Sinchak, on behalf of the Wounded Warrior Project, will accept a check from ISR Systems, hosted by Cloud Cap Technology. John Trezza from UTC Aerospace, ISR systems president, will present the $100,000 donation.
The Wounded Warrior Project is a nationwide nonprofit providing support to returning injured soldiers and their families.
Sinchak achieved the rank of senior chief hospital corpsman (diver) during his 24-year career. He served as a member of various explosive ordnance disposal and naval warfare teams.
Drinks and light snacks will be served at this event.
More like this story
- Marimba ‘Mid Winter Party’
- YESTERYEARS: School District No. 3 projects new high school on May Street in 1926
- Are You Ready? Survival 101
- Lyle School celebrates standout science student
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Imagining a world with no winners and no losers
- The Ale List: Sense of Place lecture focuses on ‘hoppy history’
- Free tax help through April in HR and TD
- Sheriff Log, Jan. 24 to 31
- Police Log, Jan. 25 to 31
- Public Records: Building permits, city, January 2016