Saturday, November 9, 2013
The Hood River County Education Foundation is sponsoring two holiday events in December:
The first is its annual Christmas with the Trail Band which will be Thursday, Dec. 5, at the Hood River Middle auditorium. This year the concert will start at 6:30 p.m. instead of the usual 7 p.m. to try and encourage more families to attend with children.
Tickets are the same price as last year: $17 for adults and $6 for children under age 14. All of the proceeds from the concert will go toward the Foundation’s teacher grant program. The last three years the foundation has given more than $90,000 back to teachers to assist with unique and innovative projects for their classrooms.
The second December event is new for the Foundation: On Saturday, Dec. 21, it is sponsoring the Tears of Joy Puppet Theatre for a performance of “The Elves and the Shoemaker.” This children’s production will be held at the Hood River Middle School auditorium at 6 p.m. It lasts about one hour.
Prior to the performance, Santa Claus will be there to visit with children. Also, Imagination Photography will be there to take professional photos for those who would like one. The Santa visit will take place from 4:30-5:45 p.m., just prior to the start of the performance.
Tickets are $9 for adults and $5 for all children. There is also a family rate of $25.
Tickets are available for both events at Waucoma Bookstore, Cascade Central Credit Union and the Community Education Office.
Inquiries about the events may be made to email@example.com.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge