Saturday, November 9, 2013
Horizon Christian School starts the school year with something unique among Oregon schools, according to Supt. Ken Block.
Horizon recently received a third-party, objectively measured designation marking its progress and commitment to an even safer school operation, Block said.
Horizon Christian School became the first school in the state of Oregon to achieve level two status in the Excellence in Safe School Operations Certification Process.
This certification process measures school safety and security operations within the framework of the 26 Safe School Standards.
Horizon Christian has been engaged in this certification process for the past two years, and plans to meet the highest level of certification possible by the end of the 2013-14 school year.
NewDawn Security, a third-party school security consulting firm, provides the certification measurement, and key areas of support and service for private and public schools across the Pacific Northwest.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge