Saturday, November 9, 2013
Horizon Christian School starts the school year with something unique among Oregon schools, according to Supt. Ken Block.
Horizon recently received a third-party, objectively measured designation marking its progress and commitment to an even safer school operation, Block said.
Horizon Christian School became the first school in the state of Oregon to achieve level two status in the Excellence in Safe School Operations Certification Process.
This certification process measures school safety and security operations within the framework of the 26 Safe School Standards.
Horizon Christian has been engaged in this certification process for the past two years, and plans to meet the highest level of certification possible by the end of the 2013-14 school year.
NewDawn Security, a third-party school security consulting firm, provides the certification measurement, and key areas of support and service for private and public schools across the Pacific Northwest.
More like this story
- Service Annoucement for July 30: Del Gierke
- Death Notice for July 30: James Perry
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge