Saturday, November 9, 2013
Horizon Christian School starts the school year with something unique among Oregon schools, according to Supt. Ken Block.
Horizon recently received a third-party, objectively measured designation marking its progress and commitment to an even safer school operation, Block said.
Horizon Christian School became the first school in the state of Oregon to achieve level two status in the Excellence in Safe School Operations Certification Process.
This certification process measures school safety and security operations within the framework of the 26 Safe School Standards.
Horizon Christian has been engaged in this certification process for the past two years, and plans to meet the highest level of certification possible by the end of the 2013-14 school year.
NewDawn Security, a third-party school security consulting firm, provides the certification measurement, and key areas of support and service for private and public schools across the Pacific Northwest.
More like this story
- ‘Invention Camp’ Aug. 14-18
- Death Notice for July 29: Dixie Graham
- Service announcements for July 29: Joshua Parke, Jason DeGeus, Maxine Carter and Robert Gilmore
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge