Saturday, November 9, 2013
Horizon Christian School starts the school year with something unique among Oregon schools, according to Supt. Ken Block.
Horizon recently received a third-party, objectively measured designation marking its progress and commitment to an even safer school operation, Block said.
Horizon Christian School became the first school in the state of Oregon to achieve level two status in the Excellence in Safe School Operations Certification Process.
This certification process measures school safety and security operations within the framework of the 26 Safe School Standards.
Horizon Christian has been engaged in this certification process for the past two years, and plans to meet the highest level of certification possible by the end of the 2013-14 school year.
NewDawn Security, a third-party school security consulting firm, provides the certification measurement, and key areas of support and service for private and public schools across the Pacific Northwest.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge