Saturday, November 9, 2013
Horizon Christian School starts the school year with something unique among Oregon schools, according to Supt. Ken Block.
Horizon recently received a third-party, objectively measured designation marking its progress and commitment to an even safer school operation, Block said.
Horizon Christian School became the first school in the state of Oregon to achieve level two status in the Excellence in Safe School Operations Certification Process.
This certification process measures school safety and security operations within the framework of the 26 Safe School Standards.
Horizon Christian has been engaged in this certification process for the past two years, and plans to meet the highest level of certification possible by the end of the 2013-14 school year.
NewDawn Security, a third-party school security consulting firm, provides the certification measurement, and key areas of support and service for private and public schools across the Pacific Northwest.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 23 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Helping kids be better readers is a SMART move
- Monday in CL: Fire recovery information presented at Port Pavilion
- Thank you, firefighters
- Summer of Smoke
- Foundation gives $50,000 to library for collections, projects
- Another Voice: Finding ‘Best of All Worlds’ in the area of cell tower permit requests
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- ‘Rosencrantz and Guildenstern’ Sunday
- Fun, or learning, or both: A week full of local events and activities