Saturday, November 9, 2013
Rep. Mark Johnson (R-Hood River) announced this week that he will file his candidacy for re-election as state representative to House District 52 for the 2014 campaign cycle. House District 52 encompasses Hood River, Cascade Locks, Corbett, Sandy, parts of Estacada and Gresham, as well as other communities within the Hood River, Clackamas, and Multnomah Counties.
“It has been an honor to serve the constituents of House District 52 for the last two legislative sessions. We have made some great inroads into the challenges our community and all of Oregon is facing, and there is certainly important work left to be done,” said Johnson. “I look forward to continuing to fight for our schools, our small businesses and local economies, and for more efficient government across the state.”
Johnson was elected to his first term in the State House of Representatives in November of 2010 and was then re-elected to his second term in November of 2012. He is also serving his third term as a member of the Hood River County School Board.
For the 2013 Legislative Session, Johnson served on the House Higher Education and Workforce Development Committee and Consumer Protection and Government Efficiency Committee. He was also appointed to Vice Chair of the Energy and Environment Committee.
“Mark Johnson has proven to be an advocate for the important economic development work of the Port of Cascade Locks,” said Jess Groves, President of the Port Commission of Cascade Locks.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge