Saturday, November 9, 2013
Rep. Mark Johnson (R-Hood River) announced this week that he will file his candidacy for re-election as state representative to House District 52 for the 2014 campaign cycle. House District 52 encompasses Hood River, Cascade Locks, Corbett, Sandy, parts of Estacada and Gresham, as well as other communities within the Hood River, Clackamas, and Multnomah Counties.
“It has been an honor to serve the constituents of House District 52 for the last two legislative sessions. We have made some great inroads into the challenges our community and all of Oregon is facing, and there is certainly important work left to be done,” said Johnson. “I look forward to continuing to fight for our schools, our small businesses and local economies, and for more efficient government across the state.”
Johnson was elected to his first term in the State House of Representatives in November of 2010 and was then re-elected to his second term in November of 2012. He is also serving his third term as a member of the Hood River County School Board.
For the 2013 Legislative Session, Johnson served on the House Higher Education and Workforce Development Committee and Consumer Protection and Government Efficiency Committee. He was also appointed to Vice Chair of the Energy and Environment Committee.
“Mark Johnson has proven to be an advocate for the important economic development work of the Port of Cascade Locks,” said Jess Groves, President of the Port Commission of Cascade Locks.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge