Saturday, November 9, 2013
“Everything stopped at mid-morning with the first unbelievable news from Dallas, Texas.”
— Hood River News Nov. 27, 1963, page 1
If you’re 54 years or older, you probably remember where you were on Nov. 22, 1963.
John F. Kennedy was assassinated at 12:30 p.m., Dallas, Texas, time.
As the nation approaches the 50th anniversary of one of the 20th century’s most tragic and important events, Hood River News would like to know:
“Where were you when you heard Kennedy died?”
If you are old enough to remember, tell us your memory.
If you heard your family members talk about it, tell us those memories.
To participate, send an email with the subject “Kennedy Memories” to Editor Kirby Neumann-Rea, email@example.com.
Short memories are welcome, but we know some people might need more space to tell their story.
Include a photo of yourself from 1963 if you would like.
We need them by Nov. 16. We’ll publish Kennedy Memories in our Nov. 23 edition.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge