Saturday, November 9, 2013
Ski Swap is Nov. 9
The annual Hood River Valley High School Ski Team Gorge Gear Swap is Nov. 9 in the HRVHS gym. New and used sports goods of all kinds will be on sale at the event. The sale opens at 9 a.m. and runs until 3 p.m., with a $5 per person or $10 per family entry fee. An early sale entry fee of $25 per person will get you into the sale starting at 7:30 a.m. to get a jump on the crowds.
Little League community meeting Nov. 13
Hood River County Little League is holding a community meeting Nov. 13, 6 p.m. at the Wy’east Middle School auditorium. The meeting will inform the public of changes to league operations and will look for community input on how to move the league forward.
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge