Tuesday, November 12, 2013
The Hood River Valley Eagles boys soccer team will play for the state title.
For the first time since 2009, Woodburn will not.
The Eagles topped the Bulldogs 3-1 in Woodburn Tuesday night to reach the 5A state finals. The Eagles will play Summit for the state title Saturday at Hillsboro Stadium.
The victory gave the Eagles revenge for a semifinal loss to the Bulldogs last season, denied the Bulldogs a shot a fourth straight 5A title and gives Hood River Valley soccer its biggest win in years.
The Bulldogs entered the game ranked No. 1 in the state at 5A and on a ten match winning streak.
The Eagles trailed 1-0 at halftime but tied the contest early in the second half before scoring a goal in each of the two overtimes to get the win.
Now they will try to come up with an even bigger victory on Saturday as they attempt to bring home the school's first boys soccer state title.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge