Wednesday, November 13, 2013
The holidays are coming, and Hood River is preparing for the local festivities.
All throughout the town there are going to be seasonal lights and decorations. Celebration and contests will also be taking place in the form of the annual Holiday Parade, and a Window Walk.
As it does every year, the Hood River Holiday Parade will roll down Oak Street at 6 p.m. Dec. 6.
Anybody can join the parade, but it has its rules. All entries must exclude any human Santas. However, fake Santa decorations are very welcome; the real Santa will be riding along behind the rest of the parade.
This parade, as the name suggests, is a means to promote the holiday spirit and to put people in the mood. It would also be greatly appreciated if there were no edgy themes going along with any entries to the parade.
When the event officially begins it will follow a path that leads from Seventh Street and ends in the Hood River News parking lot on State Street.
Along the way, some might also notice the decorated store fronts that are part of the Window Walk.
This year, throughout Hood River, many different stores will be decorating their storefronts in colorful ways. Each store that enters will cover their windows with paint, lights, and whatever decorations they can find to make their stores stand out.
It’s all part of a contest designed to get everybody in the holiday spirit. In order to enter as a participant store owners must email firstname.lastname@example.org before Dec. 4.
HRVHS junior Cameron Malone spent the afternoon of Nov. 7 as a job shadow at Hood River News.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge