Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Three graduates of Hood River schools have decided to “Aim High” and pursue a career in the U.S. Air Force.
Kameron J. Methvin, 20, Taylor M. Tyynismaa, 19, and Aaron C. Lingel, 21, are currently undergoing training in an occupational specialty after completing boot camp last summer.
Tyynismaa and Methvin are 2012 graduates of Hood River Valley High School and Lingel is a 2010 graduate of Horizon Christian School in Hood River.
Methvin was the first of the three recruits to fulfill eight and a half weeks of basic training requirements at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. He graduated with the rank of Airman on July 5 and is currently studying Geospatial Operations Intelligence at Goodfellow Air Force Base in San Angelo, Texas. He is the son of Tony and Stacey Methvin of Hood River.
On July 19, Lingel earned the rank of Airman and is now training at Holloman Air Force Base in Alamogordo, N.M., as a “remotely piloted aircraft sensor operator.” He is the son of Darren and Debbie Lingel of Hood River.
Tyynismaa became an Airman on Aug. 2 and is currently stationed at Lackland to receive training in Security Forces. She is the daughter of Edward and Terri Tyynismaa of Hood River.
The local Airmen are among 35,000 recruits who will go to boot camp in Lackland during 2013 to learn basic warfare skills. The base operates under the jurisdiction of the 802nd Mission Support Group and is the only entry processing station for the Air Force.
Recruits are taught the core values of “Integrity First, Service before Self, Excellence in All we Do,” through a rigorous program that centers on military discipline, physical fitness, drill and ceremonies.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge