Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Hood River Valley High School wrestling is hosting a community dinner and spaghetti feed Nov. 23 at the county fairgrounds’ Community Building in Odell. The event is a fundraiser for all wrestling programs in Hood River and will be hosted by the upcoming lineup of HRVHS Eagle wrestlers.
Auctioneer Ron Chamness will be on hand to run a live auction for big-ticket fundraiser items, while a silent auction and raffle will feature a variety of other items to help raise money.
Festivities will start at 5 p.m., with an hour designated for meet and greet, an hour for the home-made spaghetti dinner and an hour for the auction and raffle.
Organizers hope the event will be both a fundraiser and a reunion of sorts, where past wrestlers and wrestling families can meet again, catch up and share stories of the “good-old glory days.”
Tickets for the dinner are $10, available at the door or in advance through members of the upcoming 2013-14 HRVHS team. For more information about the event or to donate items for the auction or raffle, contact organizer Chuck Peterson at 541-490-4502 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 23 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Helping kids be better readers is a SMART move
- Monday in CL: Fire recovery information presented at Port Pavilion
- Thank you, firefighters
- Summer of Smoke
- Foundation gives $50,000 to library for collections, projects
- Another Voice: Finding ‘Best of All Worlds’ in the area of cell tower permit requests
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- ‘Rosencrantz and Guildenstern’ Sunday
- Fun, or learning, or both: A week full of local events and activities