Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Hood River Valley High School wrestling is hosting a community dinner and spaghetti feed Nov. 23 at the county fairgrounds’ Community Building in Odell. The event is a fundraiser for all wrestling programs in Hood River and will be hosted by the upcoming lineup of HRVHS Eagle wrestlers.
Auctioneer Ron Chamness will be on hand to run a live auction for big-ticket fundraiser items, while a silent auction and raffle will feature a variety of other items to help raise money.
Festivities will start at 5 p.m., with an hour designated for meet and greet, an hour for the home-made spaghetti dinner and an hour for the auction and raffle.
Organizers hope the event will be both a fundraiser and a reunion of sorts, where past wrestlers and wrestling families can meet again, catch up and share stories of the “good-old glory days.”
Tickets for the dinner are $10, available at the door or in advance through members of the upcoming 2013-14 HRVHS team. For more information about the event or to donate items for the auction or raffle, contact organizer Chuck Peterson at 541-490-4502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge