Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Hood River Valley High School wrestling is hosting a community dinner and spaghetti feed Nov. 23 at the county fairgrounds’ Community Building in Odell. The event is a fundraiser for all wrestling programs in Hood River and will be hosted by the upcoming lineup of HRVHS Eagle wrestlers.
Auctioneer Ron Chamness will be on hand to run a live auction for big-ticket fundraiser items, while a silent auction and raffle will feature a variety of other items to help raise money.
Festivities will start at 5 p.m., with an hour designated for meet and greet, an hour for the home-made spaghetti dinner and an hour for the auction and raffle.
Organizers hope the event will be both a fundraiser and a reunion of sorts, where past wrestlers and wrestling families can meet again, catch up and share stories of the “good-old glory days.”
Tickets for the dinner are $10, available at the door or in advance through members of the upcoming 2013-14 HRVHS team. For more information about the event or to donate items for the auction or raffle, contact organizer Chuck Peterson at 541-490-4502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Wy’east High School Class of ’67 plans reunion
- Coming in August to the Hood River Library
- RC Car Club meeting
- Letters to the Editor for July 29
- Another Voice: The best path forward — Fixing, not replacing, the ACA
- Medieval fair takes over Cascade Locks Marine Park Aug. 5
- The Porch: Numbered Stairs mystery solved
- Business Notes: Wells Fargo promotes Trusov, Windermere expands
- End the cruel and dangerous practice of leaving pets in hot cars
- Church News: River of Life plans VBS
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge