Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Hood River Valley High School wrestling is hosting a community dinner and spaghetti feed Nov. 23 at the county fairgrounds’ Community Building in Odell. The event is a fundraiser for all wrestling programs in Hood River and will be hosted by the upcoming lineup of HRVHS Eagle wrestlers.
Auctioneer Ron Chamness will be on hand to run a live auction for big-ticket fundraiser items, while a silent auction and raffle will feature a variety of other items to help raise money.
Festivities will start at 5 p.m., with an hour designated for meet and greet, an hour for the home-made spaghetti dinner and an hour for the auction and raffle.
Organizers hope the event will be both a fundraiser and a reunion of sorts, where past wrestlers and wrestling families can meet again, catch up and share stories of the “good-old glory days.”
Tickets for the dinner are $10, available at the door or in advance through members of the upcoming 2013-14 HRVHS team. For more information about the event or to donate items for the auction or raffle, contact organizer Chuck Peterson at 541-490-4502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Sports Briefs for July 27
- Service announcements for July 27: Ada Redlock, Douglas Warnock, Betty Akiyama and Virginia Phillips
- Death notice for July 27: Scott Bauer
- Peters and Lassila engaged
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge