Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Hood River Valley High School wrestling is hosting a community dinner and spaghetti feed Nov. 23 at the county fairgrounds’ Community Building in Odell. The event is a fundraiser for all wrestling programs in Hood River and will be hosted by the upcoming lineup of HRVHS Eagle wrestlers.
Auctioneer Ron Chamness will be on hand to run a live auction for big-ticket fundraiser items, while a silent auction and raffle will feature a variety of other items to help raise money.
Festivities will start at 5 p.m., with an hour designated for meet and greet, an hour for the home-made spaghetti dinner and an hour for the auction and raffle.
Organizers hope the event will be both a fundraiser and a reunion of sorts, where past wrestlers and wrestling families can meet again, catch up and share stories of the “good-old glory days.”
Tickets for the dinner are $10, available at the door or in advance through members of the upcoming 2013-14 HRVHS team. For more information about the event or to donate items for the auction or raffle, contact organizer Chuck Peterson at 541-490-4502 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Hey, Dustin, The Wearhouse has your jacket
- Death notices for July 2: Floyd Carter and Michael Hill
- Service Announcement for July 1: Ellis Tanner
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge