Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Your turn, Fashionistas.
More than 200 models will show off garments and accessories from 17 Gorge stores and boutiques in the annual Gala Fashion Show Friday at the Best Western Hood River Inn Gorge Room.
One highlight of the 17th annual benefit for the Hood River County Christmas Project will be “Future Fashionistas” modeling T-shirts they repurposed into new fashions at recent style camps under the guidance of the Hood River Valley High School Fashion Club.
Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the event begins at 7 p.m. Emcees will be Gavin McAlpine and Cathy Carter, the event’s founder and organizer.
Tickets are $20 and this year will come with an expanded “gift bag” full of gift certificates and other swag from local stores.
Ruddy Duck provided 500 bright red cloth bags for the event (see page A10 for a photo, and list of merchants selling tickets).
Another change in this year’s gala will be the addition of projection screens, courtesy of John Hardham of Light Wave Communications, so that everyone in the room will have a good view of the models, according to Carter.
Tickets are available at participating merchants:
Flow Yoga, Lucy’s Informal Flowers, Foundation 45, 5th Element Salon, Plenty, Doug’s Sports, Ruddy Duck, Ananas Boutique, Foils Salon & Day Spa, Parts+Labour, Melika, Columbia Laser Skin Center, Salon Visio, bunny+pear, Zella, Dream Street, Up Front Hair/Skin, Hood River Valley High School Fashion Club, Future Fashionistas
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge