Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Your turn, Fashionistas.
More than 200 models will show off garments and accessories from 17 Gorge stores and boutiques in the annual Gala Fashion Show Friday at the Best Western Hood River Inn Gorge Room.
One highlight of the 17th annual benefit for the Hood River County Christmas Project will be “Future Fashionistas” modeling T-shirts they repurposed into new fashions at recent style camps under the guidance of the Hood River Valley High School Fashion Club.
Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the event begins at 7 p.m. Emcees will be Gavin McAlpine and Cathy Carter, the event’s founder and organizer.
Tickets are $20 and this year will come with an expanded “gift bag” full of gift certificates and other swag from local stores.
Ruddy Duck provided 500 bright red cloth bags for the event (see page A10 for a photo, and list of merchants selling tickets).
Another change in this year’s gala will be the addition of projection screens, courtesy of John Hardham of Light Wave Communications, so that everyone in the room will have a good view of the models, according to Carter.
Tickets are available at participating merchants:
Flow Yoga, Lucy’s Informal Flowers, Foundation 45, 5th Element Salon, Plenty, Doug’s Sports, Ruddy Duck, Ananas Boutique, Foils Salon & Day Spa, Parts+Labour, Melika, Columbia Laser Skin Center, Salon Visio, bunny+pear, Zella, Dream Street, Up Front Hair/Skin, Hood River Valley High School Fashion Club, Future Fashionistas
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge