Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Your turn, Fashionistas.
More than 200 models will show off garments and accessories from 17 Gorge stores and boutiques in the annual Gala Fashion Show Friday at the Best Western Hood River Inn Gorge Room.
One highlight of the 17th annual benefit for the Hood River County Christmas Project will be “Future Fashionistas” modeling T-shirts they repurposed into new fashions at recent style camps under the guidance of the Hood River Valley High School Fashion Club.
Doors will open at 6 p.m. and the event begins at 7 p.m. Emcees will be Gavin McAlpine and Cathy Carter, the event’s founder and organizer.
Tickets are $20 and this year will come with an expanded “gift bag” full of gift certificates and other swag from local stores.
Ruddy Duck provided 500 bright red cloth bags for the event (see page A10 for a photo, and list of merchants selling tickets).
Another change in this year’s gala will be the addition of projection screens, courtesy of John Hardham of Light Wave Communications, so that everyone in the room will have a good view of the models, according to Carter.
Tickets are available at participating merchants:
Flow Yoga, Lucy’s Informal Flowers, Foundation 45, 5th Element Salon, Plenty, Doug’s Sports, Ruddy Duck, Ananas Boutique, Foils Salon & Day Spa, Parts+Labour, Melika, Columbia Laser Skin Center, Salon Visio, bunny+pear, Zella, Dream Street, Up Front Hair/Skin, Hood River Valley High School Fashion Club, Future Fashionistas
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge