Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Special Olympics The Gorge team was fired up Monday evening during the annual Bowling with the Cops and Firefighters fundraiser at Orchard Lanes. The Gorge team — recently renamed after combining Hood River and The Dalles programs — travels to Century Lanes in Portland this weekend for its season-ending regional championship, where it’ll compete against other teams from across the state.
The Gorge team of 20 bowlers has been training once a week at Orchard Lanes since Labor Day. After the bowling season athletes move on to skiing for the winter.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge