Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Special Olympics The Gorge team was fired up Monday evening during the annual Bowling with the Cops and Firefighters fundraiser at Orchard Lanes. The Gorge team — recently renamed after combining Hood River and The Dalles programs — travels to Century Lanes in Portland this weekend for its season-ending regional championship, where it’ll compete against other teams from across the state.
The Gorge team of 20 bowlers has been training once a week at Orchard Lanes since Labor Day. After the bowling season athletes move on to skiing for the winter.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge