Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Special Olympics The Gorge team was fired up Monday evening during the annual Bowling with the Cops and Firefighters fundraiser at Orchard Lanes. The Gorge team — recently renamed after combining Hood River and The Dalles programs — travels to Century Lanes in Portland this weekend for its season-ending regional championship, where it’ll compete against other teams from across the state.
The Gorge team of 20 bowlers has been training once a week at Orchard Lanes since Labor Day. After the bowling season athletes move on to skiing for the winter.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control