Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Special Olympics The Gorge team was fired up Monday evening during the annual Bowling with the Cops and Firefighters fundraiser at Orchard Lanes. The Gorge team — recently renamed after combining Hood River and The Dalles programs — travels to Century Lanes in Portland this weekend for its season-ending regional championship, where it’ll compete against other teams from across the state.
The Gorge team of 20 bowlers has been training once a week at Orchard Lanes since Labor Day. After the bowling season athletes move on to skiing for the winter.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge