Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Special Olympics The Gorge team was fired up Monday evening during the annual Bowling with the Cops and Firefighters fundraiser at Orchard Lanes. The Gorge team — recently renamed after combining Hood River and The Dalles programs — travels to Century Lanes in Portland this weekend for its season-ending regional championship, where it’ll compete against other teams from across the state.
The Gorge team of 20 bowlers has been training once a week at Orchard Lanes since Labor Day. After the bowling season athletes move on to skiing for the winter.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge