Saturday, November 16, 2013
Three Forest Recreation Trails Committee member’s terms are due to expire on Jan. 1.
Terms will expire for Jim Denton (Hiker/Runner), Rick Higgins (Motorcycle) and Patrick Monaghan (Citizen).
Hood River County is now accepting applications from the public for these positions. A volunteer application has been attached.
Return completed applications to Hood River County Administration, 601 State St., Hood River, OR 97031 by Dec. 13. Interviews and new appointments will be made in January 2014.
The Trails Committee is comprised of 13 members appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Members represent the various users who utilize the trail system. Terms are for three years.
At the end of each three-year period members are sent a letter asking if they would be interested in renewing their membership for another three years. The positions are also opened to the public at the end of each term.
The board of commissioners interviews applicants and makes the appointments.
Contact the Forestry Department if you have any questions about the committee.
More like this story
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
- Cougar Creek fire creeps north
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge