Saturday, November 16, 2013
Three Forest Recreation Trails Committee member’s terms are due to expire on Jan. 1.
Terms will expire for Jim Denton (Hiker/Runner), Rick Higgins (Motorcycle) and Patrick Monaghan (Citizen).
Hood River County is now accepting applications from the public for these positions. A volunteer application has been attached.
Return completed applications to Hood River County Administration, 601 State St., Hood River, OR 97031 by Dec. 13. Interviews and new appointments will be made in January 2014.
The Trails Committee is comprised of 13 members appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Members represent the various users who utilize the trail system. Terms are for three years.
At the end of each three-year period members are sent a letter asking if they would be interested in renewing their membership for another three years. The positions are also opened to the public at the end of each term.
The board of commissioners interviews applicants and makes the appointments.
Contact the Forestry Department if you have any questions about the committee.
More like this story
- Motorcyclist killed in spilled lumber crash
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge