Saturday, November 16, 2013
Three Forest Recreation Trails Committee member’s terms are due to expire on Jan. 1.
Terms will expire for Jim Denton (Hiker/Runner), Rick Higgins (Motorcycle) and Patrick Monaghan (Citizen).
Hood River County is now accepting applications from the public for these positions. A volunteer application has been attached.
Return completed applications to Hood River County Administration, 601 State St., Hood River, OR 97031 by Dec. 13. Interviews and new appointments will be made in January 2014.
The Trails Committee is comprised of 13 members appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Members represent the various users who utilize the trail system. Terms are for three years.
At the end of each three-year period members are sent a letter asking if they would be interested in renewing their membership for another three years. The positions are also opened to the public at the end of each term.
The board of commissioners interviews applicants and makes the appointments.
Contact the Forestry Department if you have any questions about the committee.
More like this story
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 24: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge