Saturday, November 16, 2013
Three Forest Recreation Trails Committee member’s terms are due to expire on Jan. 1.
Terms will expire for Jim Denton (Hiker/Runner), Rick Higgins (Motorcycle) and Patrick Monaghan (Citizen).
Hood River County is now accepting applications from the public for these positions. A volunteer application has been attached.
Return completed applications to Hood River County Administration, 601 State St., Hood River, OR 97031 by Dec. 13. Interviews and new appointments will be made in January 2014.
The Trails Committee is comprised of 13 members appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Members represent the various users who utilize the trail system. Terms are for three years.
At the end of each three-year period members are sent a letter asking if they would be interested in renewing their membership for another three years. The positions are also opened to the public at the end of each term.
The board of commissioners interviews applicants and makes the appointments.
Contact the Forestry Department if you have any questions about the committee.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge