Saturday, November 16, 2013
Three Forest Recreation Trails Committee member’s terms are due to expire on Jan. 1.
Terms will expire for Jim Denton (Hiker/Runner), Rick Higgins (Motorcycle) and Patrick Monaghan (Citizen).
Hood River County is now accepting applications from the public for these positions. A volunteer application has been attached.
Return completed applications to Hood River County Administration, 601 State St., Hood River, OR 97031 by Dec. 13. Interviews and new appointments will be made in January 2014.
The Trails Committee is comprised of 13 members appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Members represent the various users who utilize the trail system. Terms are for three years.
At the end of each three-year period members are sent a letter asking if they would be interested in renewing their membership for another three years. The positions are also opened to the public at the end of each term.
The board of commissioners interviews applicants and makes the appointments.
Contact the Forestry Department if you have any questions about the committee.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge