Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Megan Spears of the Westside PTO writes: “Westside’s Chair Affair: Oh, My Word! Reflecting back over the last three years, I have to say that the Chair Affair event is getting better and better. More of our Westside community attended this year than ever before; the night was a wonderful opportunity to connect with some friends and meet some new!
“The food was tremendous and the band was super fun. The art created this year by the children was beautiful. We met our goal of $14,000.
“Thank you to everyone who bought a ticket, made a donation, bought some art, helped with the kids in class, worked on the committee, donated food or services, and those who helped in any other fashion.
Special thanks to Principal Bill Newton for doing some push-ups at the event (very entertaining!).
“The Chair Affair committee created 2014 calendars chock-full of photos of the kids and the art created this year.
There will be a copy at the school’s front office for viewing. If you would like to place an order, email Tara Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost is $25.”
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge