Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Megan Spears of the Westside PTO writes: “Westside’s Chair Affair: Oh, My Word! Reflecting back over the last three years, I have to say that the Chair Affair event is getting better and better. More of our Westside community attended this year than ever before; the night was a wonderful opportunity to connect with some friends and meet some new!
“The food was tremendous and the band was super fun. The art created this year by the children was beautiful. We met our goal of $14,000.
“Thank you to everyone who bought a ticket, made a donation, bought some art, helped with the kids in class, worked on the committee, donated food or services, and those who helped in any other fashion.
Special thanks to Principal Bill Newton for doing some push-ups at the event (very entertaining!).
“The Chair Affair committee created 2014 calendars chock-full of photos of the kids and the art created this year.
There will be a copy at the school’s front office for viewing. If you would like to place an order, email Tara Henderson at email@example.com. The cost is $25.”
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge