Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Hood River Valley High School senior Connor Dunn picked up Mt. Hood Conference All-League second team honors for his role this fall on the HRVHS water polo team’s first varsity season.
The first and second teams are each comprised of seven players voted by the conference coaches as the best in the league. Water polo teams in the Mt. Hood Conference include five 6A schools (Reynolds, Sam Barlow, David Douglas, Gresham, and Centennial) and three 5A schools (Parkrose, Sandy, and Hood River). Additionally, junior Stan Ocheskey, sophomores Myles Cameron, Arthur Finstad, and Russel Grim and freshman Adam Cameron were named All-League honorable mention players.
Coach Dave Cameron commented, “We’re incredibly proud of Connor. He put in a consistently strong performance throughout the season, and it’s great that the coaches of the other teams took notice. We’re also really excited about Hood River’s prospects for next year, given that the majority of the All-League Team players are graduating seniors and almost all of our varsity players will be returning next year.”
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge