Wednesday, November 20, 2013
The Saturday before Veterans Day the Youth Heart of Hospice YoHoHs from Hood River and The Dalles visited the Oregon Veterans home. Their visit included giving flags to the veteran residents, and every Heart of Hospice patient received a certificate of appreciation with their name and branch of service.
The veterans joined the YoHoHs in singing patriotic songs. Heart of Hospice volunteer Hank “Santa” Brown shared, “I was really proud to be part of this annual event of signing, handing out flags, and seeing all the veterans in each wing smiling and singing along with the kids.” If you are interested in becoming a youth or adult volunteer call 541-386-1942 or 541-296-2289 or email volunteer coordinator Jayne Mederios at Jayne@Heart OfHospice.org.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge