Wednesday, November 20, 2013
The Saturday before Veterans Day the Youth Heart of Hospice YoHoHs from Hood River and The Dalles visited the Oregon Veterans home. Their visit included giving flags to the veteran residents, and every Heart of Hospice patient received a certificate of appreciation with their name and branch of service.
The veterans joined the YoHoHs in singing patriotic songs. Heart of Hospice volunteer Hank “Santa” Brown shared, “I was really proud to be part of this annual event of signing, handing out flags, and seeing all the veterans in each wing smiling and singing along with the kids.” If you are interested in becoming a youth or adult volunteer call 541-386-1942 or 541-296-2289 or email volunteer coordinator Jayne Mederios at Jayne@Heart OfHospice.org.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge