Wednesday, November 20, 2013
The Saturday before Veterans Day the Youth Heart of Hospice YoHoHs from Hood River and The Dalles visited the Oregon Veterans home. Their visit included giving flags to the veteran residents, and every Heart of Hospice patient received a certificate of appreciation with their name and branch of service.
The veterans joined the YoHoHs in singing patriotic songs. Heart of Hospice volunteer Hank “Santa” Brown shared, “I was really proud to be part of this annual event of signing, handing out flags, and seeing all the veterans in each wing smiling and singing along with the kids.” If you are interested in becoming a youth or adult volunteer call 541-386-1942 or 541-296-2289 or email volunteer coordinator Jayne Mederios at Jayne@Heart OfHospice.org.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge