Wednesday, November 20, 2013
The Saturday before Veterans Day the Youth Heart of Hospice YoHoHs from Hood River and The Dalles visited the Oregon Veterans home. Their visit included giving flags to the veteran residents, and every Heart of Hospice patient received a certificate of appreciation with their name and branch of service.
The veterans joined the YoHoHs in singing patriotic songs. Heart of Hospice volunteer Hank “Santa” Brown shared, “I was really proud to be part of this annual event of signing, handing out flags, and seeing all the veterans in each wing smiling and singing along with the kids.” If you are interested in becoming a youth or adult volunteer call 541-386-1942 or 541-296-2289 or email volunteer coordinator Jayne Mederios at Jayne@Heart OfHospice.org.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill