Wednesday, November 20, 2013
The Saturday before Veterans Day the Youth Heart of Hospice YoHoHs from Hood River and The Dalles visited the Oregon Veterans home. Their visit included giving flags to the veteran residents, and every Heart of Hospice patient received a certificate of appreciation with their name and branch of service.
The veterans joined the YoHoHs in singing patriotic songs. Heart of Hospice volunteer Hank “Santa” Brown shared, “I was really proud to be part of this annual event of signing, handing out flags, and seeing all the veterans in each wing smiling and singing along with the kids.” If you are interested in becoming a youth or adult volunteer call 541-386-1942 or 541-296-2289 or email volunteer coordinator Jayne Mederios at Jayne@Heart OfHospice.org.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge