Wednesday, November 20, 2013
A Hood River man was arrested Nov. 9 by Portland Police Bureau for drug charges.
Jose Sergio Garcia Villa, 28, of Hood River, was booked at the Multnomah County Jail for possession of methamphetamine and delivery of methamphetamine.
Portland Police Bureau Public Information Officer Pete Simpson did not respond to a request from the News for more information.
Garcia was the subject of a two-part story in the Hood River News this summer. Garcia claimed to be the victim of an armed kidnapping in Mexico and was held for three weeks against his will until a ransom was paid by friends, family, and the community.
The possession charge is a class C felony that carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $125,000 fine. The delivery charge is a class B felony that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
More like this story
- Death Notices for July 26: Michael de Socarraz, Milton Fridley, Shannon Lindell, Earline Matson, Billy Vann and Otilia Vann
- Service announcements for July 26: Ralene Cooper, Joshua Parke and Robert Gilmore
- Summer fun: a look ahead
- Eagle Creek fire flares up
- The Fair has fun for all
- Church News for July 22
- Letters to the Editor for July 22
- 6 to Watch: Engage the city street safety survey
- Groups host July 26 forum on Westside Plan
- Hood River News earns ONPA awards
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge