Wednesday, November 20, 2013
A Hood River man was arrested Nov. 9 by Portland Police Bureau for drug charges.
Jose Sergio Garcia Villa, 28, of Hood River, was booked at the Multnomah County Jail for possession of methamphetamine and delivery of methamphetamine.
Portland Police Bureau Public Information Officer Pete Simpson did not respond to a request from the News for more information.
Garcia was the subject of a two-part story in the Hood River News this summer. Garcia claimed to be the victim of an armed kidnapping in Mexico and was held for three weeks against his will until a ransom was paid by friends, family, and the community.
The possession charge is a class C felony that carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $125,000 fine. The delivery charge is a class B felony that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge