Wednesday, November 20, 2013
A Hood River man was arrested Nov. 9 by Portland Police Bureau for drug charges.
Jose Sergio Garcia Villa, 28, of Hood River, was booked at the Multnomah County Jail for possession of methamphetamine and delivery of methamphetamine.
Portland Police Bureau Public Information Officer Pete Simpson did not respond to a request from the News for more information.
Garcia was the subject of a two-part story in the Hood River News this summer. Garcia claimed to be the victim of an armed kidnapping in Mexico and was held for three weeks against his will until a ransom was paid by friends, family, and the community.
The possession charge is a class C felony that carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $125,000 fine. The delivery charge is a class B felony that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
More like this story
- Hey, Dustin, The Wearhouse has your jacket
- Death notices for July 2: Floyd Carter and Michael Hill
- Service Announcement for July 1: Ellis Tanner
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge