Wednesday, November 20, 2013
A Hood River man was arrested Nov. 9 by Portland Police Bureau for drug charges.
Jose Sergio Garcia Villa, 28, of Hood River, was booked at the Multnomah County Jail for possession of methamphetamine and delivery of methamphetamine.
Portland Police Bureau Public Information Officer Pete Simpson did not respond to a request from the News for more information.
Garcia was the subject of a two-part story in the Hood River News this summer. Garcia claimed to be the victim of an armed kidnapping in Mexico and was held for three weeks against his will until a ransom was paid by friends, family, and the community.
The possession charge is a class C felony that carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $125,000 fine. The delivery charge is a class B felony that carries a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events