Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Vocal auditions for the upcoming Handel’s “Messiah” Community Concert will be held on Sunday, Nov. 24, following choral rehearsal, or by appointment (call Chloris Mullins at 541-340-0840 or Lloyd Walworth at 541-340-9858).
Choral rehearsals will be held Sundays: Nov. 24, Dec. 1, Dec. 8 and Dec. 15 at 6 p.m. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1815 E. 15th St., The Dalles, with a run-through on Saturday, Dec. 21, 5-7 p.m. at St. Peter’s Landmark. Community members are invited to participate.
Participation in a minimum of one choral rehearsal in addition to the run-through on Dec. 21 is requested. Performance is Sunday, Dec. 22, 7 p.m. at St. Peter’s Landmark on West Third and Lincoln in The Dalles.
Community orchestra members are also invited to participate; call the abovementioned individuals for more information or to obtain orchestral music before the Dec. 21 rehearsal with soloists, chorus, organ and orchestra.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge