Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Vocal auditions for the upcoming Handel’s “Messiah” Community Concert will be held on Sunday, Nov. 24, following choral rehearsal, or by appointment (call Chloris Mullins at 541-340-0840 or Lloyd Walworth at 541-340-9858).
Choral rehearsals will be held Sundays: Nov. 24, Dec. 1, Dec. 8 and Dec. 15 at 6 p.m. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1815 E. 15th St., The Dalles, with a run-through on Saturday, Dec. 21, 5-7 p.m. at St. Peter’s Landmark. Community members are invited to participate.
Participation in a minimum of one choral rehearsal in addition to the run-through on Dec. 21 is requested. Performance is Sunday, Dec. 22, 7 p.m. at St. Peter’s Landmark on West Third and Lincoln in The Dalles.
Community orchestra members are also invited to participate; call the abovementioned individuals for more information or to obtain orchestral music before the Dec. 21 rehearsal with soloists, chorus, organ and orchestra.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge