Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Vocal auditions for the upcoming Handel’s “Messiah” Community Concert will be held on Sunday, Nov. 24, following choral rehearsal, or by appointment (call Chloris Mullins at 541-340-0840 or Lloyd Walworth at 541-340-9858).
Choral rehearsals will be held Sundays: Nov. 24, Dec. 1, Dec. 8 and Dec. 15 at 6 p.m. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1815 E. 15th St., The Dalles, with a run-through on Saturday, Dec. 21, 5-7 p.m. at St. Peter’s Landmark. Community members are invited to participate.
Participation in a minimum of one choral rehearsal in addition to the run-through on Dec. 21 is requested. Performance is Sunday, Dec. 22, 7 p.m. at St. Peter’s Landmark on West Third and Lincoln in The Dalles.
Community orchestra members are also invited to participate; call the abovementioned individuals for more information or to obtain orchestral music before the Dec. 21 rehearsal with soloists, chorus, organ and orchestra.
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge