Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Vocal auditions for the upcoming Handel’s “Messiah” Community Concert will be held on Sunday, Nov. 24, following choral rehearsal, or by appointment (call Chloris Mullins at 541-340-0840 or Lloyd Walworth at 541-340-9858).
Choral rehearsals will be held Sundays: Nov. 24, Dec. 1, Dec. 8 and Dec. 15 at 6 p.m. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1815 E. 15th St., The Dalles, with a run-through on Saturday, Dec. 21, 5-7 p.m. at St. Peter’s Landmark. Community members are invited to participate.
Participation in a minimum of one choral rehearsal in addition to the run-through on Dec. 21 is requested. Performance is Sunday, Dec. 22, 7 p.m. at St. Peter’s Landmark on West Third and Lincoln in The Dalles.
Community orchestra members are also invited to participate; call the abovementioned individuals for more information or to obtain orchestral music before the Dec. 21 rehearsal with soloists, chorus, organ and orchestra.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge