Saturday, November 23, 2013
Mid-Columbia Community Choir presents “Hymns of Thanksgiving” on Sunday at 7 p.m. at Riverside Community Church, Fourth and State streets.
Perry Cole directs the choir in a diverse selection of Thanksgiving music.
The community is welcome to attend the concert. Admission is by donation, with proceeds helping Give Them Wings Inc., a Hood River program that provides life skills training, interim housing and other services for young males.
More like this story
- Newborn season: Fish and Wildlife says leave young wildlife in the wild
- Pool notes: Dollar open swim offered Memorial Day
- Entertainment Update for May 25
- Death announcement for May 23: Anna Olson
- Hood River Valley wins 5A boys track title
- Water bottling ban passes, legal questions remain
- Murder suspect bails out, gets jailed again
- On the Marks: Dist. 52 candidates talk next moves
- Women pastors lead all three UCC congregations in the Gorge
- Fresh Start Culinary Arts seeks applicants for summer
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge