Saturday, November 23, 2013
Port of Cascade Locks commissioners came to a tentative consensus during their regular meeting Thursday night to double tolls for trucks and other heavier vehicles crossing the Bridge of the Gods, but to not raise tolls on cars.
The proposal would keep the $1 toll for cars the same, but would bump up the truck toll from $1 per axle to $2 per axle. Commissioners also came to a general agreement that tolls should be raised on trucks by 25 cents every other year.
Commissioners also discussed putting more toll revenue into the port’s recently created bridge repair and replacement fund. Commissioners debated about what percentage of revenue should go into the fund but most felt it should be around 50 percent. No formal action on increasing the tolls was made and commissioners agreed to revisit the issue at a later meeting. A public hearing was also planned, but no specific date was set that night.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge