Saturday, November 23, 2013
Rev. George Watkins, evangelist from Mount Vernon, Wash., will minister during morning services at Covenant Hood River church on Nov. 24.
Service times are 9 a.m. and 10:45 a.m.
Watkins presents a blend of humor and straightforward preaching of the Bible that will challenge youth and adults alike. He operates in spiritual tools that bring healing and set people free from various addictions.
His message is current and fresh as he inspires people to fulfill God’s purpose in their lives.
Covenant Hood River is located at 540 Riverside Drive, in the Port area, just west of the exit 63 off-ramp.
For details call 386-8805 or visit covenanthr.org.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge