Saturday, November 23, 2013
The annual Elks Hoop Shoot contest was held Sunday afternoon at Hood River Middle School. Although turnout was lower than usual due to being rescheduled on short notice, the event drew a good contingent of young hoopsters compete for a shot at district, state, regional and national contests. Sponsored by Hood River Elks Lodge 1507, winners of each group get an expenses-paid trip to the district competition in Hermiston. The national ftnals will be held at the Basketball Hall of Fame on April 10-13 in Springfield, Mass.
This year’s competitors winners are as follows: Teigan Slatt (girls 8-9), Hunter Hough (boys 10-11), Chloe Kurahara (girls 12-13), Luke Harter (boys 12-13). These winners compete in Hermiston Dec. 15. Winners of that contest will compete in the state event in Salem Feb. 8 and winners of state will move on to nationals.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge