Saturday, November 23, 2013
The annual Elks Hoop Shoot contest was held Sunday afternoon at Hood River Middle School. Although turnout was lower than usual due to being rescheduled on short notice, the event drew a good contingent of young hoopsters compete for a shot at district, state, regional and national contests. Sponsored by Hood River Elks Lodge 1507, winners of each group get an expenses-paid trip to the district competition in Hermiston. The national ftnals will be held at the Basketball Hall of Fame on April 10-13 in Springfield, Mass.
This year’s competitors winners are as follows: Teigan Slatt (girls 8-9), Hunter Hough (boys 10-11), Chloe Kurahara (girls 12-13), Luke Harter (boys 12-13). These winners compete in Hermiston Dec. 15. Winners of that contest will compete in the state event in Salem Feb. 8 and winners of state will move on to nationals.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge