Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Full Sail Brewing took home seven gold and four silver medals from the World Beer Championships last week.
Gold medals were granted to the following beers: Session Premium; Session Fest Premium Red; LTD 06 Black Bock; LTD 04 Pale Bock; LTD 03 Bohemian Pilsner; “26” Cascade Pilsner; and Big Daddy J’s Imperial.
Silver medals went to Session Black; LTD 07 Oktoberfest; LTD 05 Vienna Lager; and Vendell Veizen Weizen Bock.
“This is such an extraordinary accomplishment. The sophistication and complexity of lager beers highlight a brewer’s skill and passion for quality. To bring home a medal for every single one of our lagers is testament to the craftsmanship that comes with our 26 years of brewing,” said Jamie Emmerson, Full Sail’s executive brewmaster.
“Balance and elegance are our defining brewery characteristics and we’re thrilled to once again earn the highest awards for our beers.”
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge