Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Full Sail Brewing took home seven gold and four silver medals from the World Beer Championships last week.
Gold medals were granted to the following beers: Session Premium; Session Fest Premium Red; LTD 06 Black Bock; LTD 04 Pale Bock; LTD 03 Bohemian Pilsner; “26” Cascade Pilsner; and Big Daddy J’s Imperial.
Silver medals went to Session Black; LTD 07 Oktoberfest; LTD 05 Vienna Lager; and Vendell Veizen Weizen Bock.
“This is such an extraordinary accomplishment. The sophistication and complexity of lager beers highlight a brewer’s skill and passion for quality. To bring home a medal for every single one of our lagers is testament to the craftsmanship that comes with our 26 years of brewing,” said Jamie Emmerson, Full Sail’s executive brewmaster.
“Balance and elegance are our defining brewery characteristics and we’re thrilled to once again earn the highest awards for our beers.”
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge