Saturday, November 30, 2013
Looking for a unique holiday gift that helps art programs in Hood River County?
Did you think “12 Plates” auction had passed you by?
Search, and wonder, no more.
The 12 Plates silent auction has been extended through Dec. 15 at 7 p.m., at The Gallery 301, 301 Oak St. in Hood River.
Bid on one of 12 elegant and whimsical plates made by Gorge artists. Proceeds go to the Arts Education in the Gorge (formerly Columbia Gorge Arts in Education) which provides artists-in-residence and other programs for elementary, middle school and high school students.
12 Plates is an outgrowth of old Bite of the Gorge, the food and wine fundraiser for Arts in the Gorge, which was discontinued in 2011.
The Gallery 301 is open Friday through Sunday. Anyone may visit the gallery and write down a bid for a plate.
For details visit cgaie.org or phone 541-387-5031.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge