Saturday, November 30, 2013
For the third year in a row, Riverside has earned an Award of Excellence for its wine list by Wine Spectator, a nationally renowned wine-focused magazine.
The 2013 award indicates Riverside’s wine list offers a minimum of 100 choices described as “a well-chosen selection of quality producers, along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style,” according to Wine Spectator.
The 2013 Award of Excellence gives a specific nod to Riverside’s strong Oregon and Washington inclusions, as well as its inexpensive selections. Riverside typically offers 120 selections, and maintains an inventory of more than 1,200 bottles.
“It’s an honor to receive this award over and over. I credit our wine director, Jan McCartan, for her efforts to create a dynamic, comprehensive wine list for Riverside,” said Hood River Inn General Manager Chuck Hinman. “Jan actively pursues the right mix of wines to match our food, offering a well-rounded, impressive, and affordable selection.”
Close to 3,800 restaurants worldwide received Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards this year, which the magazine has bestowed since 1981.
“We are incredibly fortunate here in the Northwest to have many wonderful wineries to work with,” McCartan said. “The Columbia Gorge AVA offers amazing diversity, and it’s my privilege to showcase the area for our dining guests.”
Riverside has also been acknowledged with Oregon Wine Press’s 2013 “Superior Cellar” award, which it has received for several years running.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge