Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Columbia Gorge Breastfeeding Coalition has formed a mother-to-mother support group to offer a place to turn during this important time. The group is facilitated by a certified lactation consultant who listens and guides the discussion.
The goals for the group are:
n Share breastfeeding information and personal experiences
n Mutually support and learn from each other
n Increase women’s ability and confidence to nourish their babies
n Discuss successful strategies for mothers returning to work while breastfeeding
The support group meets at Riverside Church at Fourth and State streets in Hood River, from noon to 1 p.m. on the following Wednesdays:
Oct. 9 and 23, Nov. 6 and 20, Dec. 4 and 18, Jan. 8 and 22, Feb. 5 and 19, March 5 and 19, and April 2 and 16.
Those interested are invited to enjoy and offer support in an environment of ease and respect.
For more information call Jennifer McCauley at 541-387-6344 or Ellen Mallon at 541-387-7131.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge