Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Columbia Gorge Breastfeeding Coalition has formed a mother-to-mother support group to offer a place to turn during this important time. The group is facilitated by a certified lactation consultant who listens and guides the discussion.
The goals for the group are:
n Share breastfeeding information and personal experiences
n Mutually support and learn from each other
n Increase women’s ability and confidence to nourish their babies
n Discuss successful strategies for mothers returning to work while breastfeeding
The support group meets at Riverside Church at Fourth and State streets in Hood River, from noon to 1 p.m. on the following Wednesdays:
Oct. 9 and 23, Nov. 6 and 20, Dec. 4 and 18, Jan. 8 and 22, Feb. 5 and 19, March 5 and 19, and April 2 and 16.
Those interested are invited to enjoy and offer support in an environment of ease and respect.
For more information call Jennifer McCauley at 541-387-6344 or Ellen Mallon at 541-387-7131.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge