Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Columbia Gorge Breastfeeding Coalition has formed a mother-to-mother support group to offer a place to turn during this important time. The group is facilitated by a certified lactation consultant who listens and guides the discussion.
The goals for the group are:
n Share breastfeeding information and personal experiences
n Mutually support and learn from each other
n Increase women’s ability and confidence to nourish their babies
n Discuss successful strategies for mothers returning to work while breastfeeding
The support group meets at Riverside Church at Fourth and State streets in Hood River, from noon to 1 p.m. on the following Wednesdays:
Oct. 9 and 23, Nov. 6 and 20, Dec. 4 and 18, Jan. 8 and 22, Feb. 5 and 19, March 5 and 19, and April 2 and 16.
Those interested are invited to enjoy and offer support in an environment of ease and respect.
For more information call Jennifer McCauley at 541-387-6344 or Ellen Mallon at 541-387-7131.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge