Wednesday, October 2, 2013
The Columbia Gorge Breastfeeding Coalition has formed a mother-to-mother support group to offer a place to turn during this important time. The group is facilitated by a certified lactation consultant who listens and guides the discussion.
The goals for the group are:
n Share breastfeeding information and personal experiences
n Mutually support and learn from each other
n Increase women’s ability and confidence to nourish their babies
n Discuss successful strategies for mothers returning to work while breastfeeding
The support group meets at Riverside Church at Fourth and State streets in Hood River, from noon to 1 p.m. on the following Wednesdays:
Oct. 9 and 23, Nov. 6 and 20, Dec. 4 and 18, Jan. 8 and 22, Feb. 5 and 19, March 5 and 19, and April 2 and 16.
Those interested are invited to enjoy and offer support in an environment of ease and respect.
For more information call Jennifer McCauley at 541-387-6344 or Ellen Mallon at 541-387-7131.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge